• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I don't like paypal very much

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hey Everyone,

A client of mine escalated a dispute with paypal even though I provided the VPS and it worked perfectly. They essentially wanted a free month without having to pay. SO paypal takes their claim. They say "Hey seller, what's the story?" I tell them it's a scam, they wanted a free VPS. Apparently paypal never got my email, they give the buyer a full refund.

Nice company paypal is! Share your silly paypal stories.

I paid for a month of VPS service from a fraud. When I made a dispute, paypal closed the case, since it was a service.

i was scammed by a so called "broker" and out of $100 i only got $0.17 back and they closed my claim.... wtf....

apparently he had no money in his paypal account because he had withdrawn it through his bank.... cant they charge the back account....

It's really funny because he's trying to get a month of free service of our standard VPS plan which costs $13.00 I mean really, who can't afford $13.00 Unfortunately he suceeded. I feel like calling paypal because of this.

I had a customer who decided after 23 days of having their server, That it wasn't right for them. They did a chargeback, And I was left with a $80 debt that I had to pay to the DC...

I keep reading and hearing all these horror stories and it makes me want to just get a merchant account and process everything via my account and use paypal on a minimum level..anyone know of any decent merchant accounts outside of 2checkout?

I once sold an item on ebay.
Buyer decided he wants to return the item and opened a dispute.

Long story short, paypal refunded him twice, and I never got my item back.

They froze the funds the first time after the dispute was opened and took out the same amount again when the dispute expired. Not sure if the guy got the money twice, but I was debited for it twice. :rolleyes:

Yea, stuff happens heh

paypal is sick
we moved clients of xeonspace for 6 months to a reseller and now waiting by paying form pocket
our 1.5K is stuck
xeonspace is down
sick people paypal are
i say stay away better direct payments (WU,Wire transfer etc)
and we have no hope that those idiots will unfreeze the account
someone did same chargeback (fake) which was worth 500$ and our acc was limited :(

They froze the funds the first time after the dispute was opened and took out the same amount again when the dispute expired. Not sure if the guy got the money twice, but I was debited for it twice. :rolleyes:

Yea, stuff happens heh

I would have rung up and screamed at them :p

I think the cause is generally because PayPal does not have enough staff members to operate like it should, in terms of the transaction volume it processes. PP is trying to hard to run as a "new-economy, virtual, Internet company", and it's just not going well for them.

I'm planning on doing a nice lonnng page on PayPal on my upcoming site ;) even though it isn't strictly drm related, I think it's important people know that paypal's business include practices that would be illegal for a bank to partake in! :eek:

I think it's important people know that paypal's business include practices that would be illegal for a bank to partake in! :eek:

You ever looked closely at bank practises - they trade illegally and don't care, how do you write a cheque for a lawyer to sue a bank :confused4 (think of the loop there).

PP are better than most, but they make mistooks like everyone.

Never had any problems really, although I hate how ----ing slow it is to load... it could be so much more lightweight and quicker.

The backend makes it slow most of the time, they could do with a more distributed cluster for it but at least it is about as secure as you can get.

Nah it's slow :D

Lost $150 because I sold a site to a guy who then a couple of days later didn't want it anymore, and therefore filed a chargeback. I never got the site back. Paypal ignored my claims, and I don't think he was even verified.

I rarely use it now.

Back