• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

i almost died again

foo2thabar

NLC
this is the fourth time. I'm 21 now. The fourth time in 4 years.

I was climbing on a shopping center roof with a friend of mine. We followed it all the way down and back (1/4 mile each way, big place) and then decided we were tired and to get down (every 50 yards or so you had to climb down about 8 feet then back up).

My friend shimmies down this metal, welded pole about 15 feet up. I lean over to check my footings and follow and BAM. My elbow touches a live electrical wire from the pole to the roof.

I felt like my heart stopped and just sat there, leaning against an AC unit, panting for a good 2 minutes.

Then I climbed down.

That is all.

[edit]
and, uh, wild turkey bourbon might have been involved.

Last edited:
It's only a little electric shock, I've hit a hot 480V 3 phase before and am still ticking.

I had a steel shelf get within 6" of my face on Tuesday while driving home. It fell off a truck and smashed the windshield of my car.

I always wished that whenever you would get a big electrical shock that you should be able to be like Electro or something and be able to shoot electricity. It's only fair

I remember having stuck my finger , barefooted , right into a running wall socket as a tiny tot . Couldn't understand what just happened back then since it was just for a couple of seconds or more .
Didn't blow up my fuse though , but I do remember how I first felt the electrons passing by feeling .
I guess the first experiment I conducted unknowingly :lol:

Careful with the live wires though .
Hitting the gym full throttle would've been a better place to get rid of all that energy :p

I remember having stuck my finger , barefooted , right into a running wall socket as a tiny tot . Couldn't understand what just happened back then since it was just for a couple of seconds or more .
Didn't blow up my fuse though , but I do remember how I first felt the electrons passing by feeling .
I guess the first experiment I conducted unknowingly :lol:

Careful with the live wires though .
Hitting the gym full throttle would've been a better place to get rid of all that energy :p

Climbing buildings is so much more fun than the gym.

That I do agree .
Haven't done climbing in a long time now but was definitely fun when I last did .
Just try to keep your brain online to your surroundings and not just carried away get into the adrenaline flow . That's the least , so also the best thing you could do while climbing .

Cheers mate ;)

I nearly died today too. Was travelling and I got travel sickness bad. I was about to faint, because I felt it coming. My left arm went numb and got pins and needles, then me legs, other arm and then my chest. And found it hard to breathe before I had to get pulled out the car.

I nearly died today too. Was travelling and I got travel sickness bad. I was about to faint, because I felt it coming. My left arm went numb and got pins and needles, then me legs, other arm and then my chest. And found it hard to breathe before I had to get pulled out the car.

What the hell did you do that for??

sounds like you had a stroke or something

Back