• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HYIP Sites: yes or no?

UmbraHosting

I run a web hosting company, UmbraHosting, and have had some trouble with HYIP sites. I have in my TOS that I don't host them, but some sneak in. After a routine look, I found those that had snuck in, emailed them and reminded them of the TOS and told them they needed to change hosts and I would suspend their accounts. One of the sites' supplied emails was fake or he gave a bad one on accident, but he didn't receive the email warning and then proceeded to give my site a bad name on WHT,view thread. Check out my reply (from umbrahosting, towards the bottom.) I was just wondering what other people thought of HYIP sites. Thanks for the input.

Tom

Last edited:
I don't allow them either and I don't even give warnings. They are deleted, full stop.
As James said, Trouble but with a Capitol T! Stay well clear.

I think you did the right thing. HYIPS are dangerous to have. Both emails rebounded. You did your job. Nuff said ;).

Back