• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

http://www.crystalweb.biz/

Simple, they oversell. Most hosts think that people won't use all the bandwidth so they offer more than they can and hope that not everyone uses it.

Also bandwidth is cheaper than $1.50 per gb. They buy in bulk so that its cheaper.

Originally posted by Tdhservices
THere is no way a host like that can make any money unless they are being hosted by a bunch of rednecks in texas, or a streetbum in LA.
Your point is well made; there is no need for comments like that however. Texas actually taxes 8.25% sale tax on all Internet service related businesses I believe so if anything those "rednecks" would need higher prices not lower. I also believe LA is taxed fairly high and I know their energy bills were outrageous in California for a while so that's yet another reason why they wouldn't be the ones with the dirt cheap prices.

Your point is a valid one but let's leave the inappropriate comments out of the thread. Thanks.

Alot of hosts oversell. Actually I think crystal isn't entirely dependant on rackshack.

Originally posted by Todd

Your point is well made; there is no need for comments like that however. Texas actually taxes 8.25% sale tax on all Internet service related businesses I believe so if anything those "rednecks" would need higher prices not lower. I also believe LA is taxed fairly high and I know their energy bills were outrageous in California for a while so that's yet another reason why they wouldn't be the ones with the dirt cheap prices.

Your point is a valid one but let's leave the inappropriate comments out of the thread. Thanks.

That was actully a joke cuz rackshack.net is in Texas and they are well......

Sorry if you were offended.

Hello, I would like to say that we do NOT oversell. We can make 200+ per month profit per server without overselling, which will keep our customers happy. So why oversell and get us into trouble by overselling and not being able to provide customers with what we offer?

Being a Crystalweb reseller, i'm very satisfied with the support and quality of services they provided so far. Although their prices might be on the low side, inevitably people will have the impression that they are bad host, but i don't agreed with them.

From my experience so far (although only 4 weeks), they are certainly as good as , if not better than some of the hosts out there.

Originally posted by CrystalWeb
Hello, I would like to say that we do NOT oversell. We can make 200+ per month profit per server without overselling, which will keep our customers happy. So why oversell and get us into trouble by overselling and not being able to provide customers with what we offer?

May I ask wheres those $200 per month profit come from? Has anyone actually used up all that your offering?

Also, you said CAN, right now, I'm assuming you don't.

I look with hosts with good prices, that why I chose my current host. I know crystalweb has tech support and if I should need hosting again sometime in the future, I will sign up with one of their plans. They do have a great staff.

Would not suggest signing up here if you plan on hosting a vBulletin or phpBB board, since their MySQL version will not support it. CrystalWeb are you going to update your MySQL? Just curious, because that might turn off some potential customers.

In any case, if you don't need it for a board, great prices IMO.

Our current version of mysql is actually 3.23.22, but mike plans on upgrading sometime next week. It was just a small error on our site.

Originally posted by Archbob
I look with hosts with good prices, that why I chose my current host. I know crystalweb has tech support and if I should need hosting again sometime in the future, I will sign up with one of their plans. They do have a great staff.

Hey thanks for considering us over phenominet, they have a good reputation, and even I had hosting with them at one time.

I think them throwing in a free domain is what suckered me in at the end . Less hassle to set things up.

Originally posted by CrystalWeb
Our current version of mysql is actually 3.23.22, but mike plans on upgrading sometime next week. It was just a small error on our site.

Well 3.23.22 supports boards... never mind!

Back