• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how to make a forum for mobile phone user

coolsolution

can anyone help me. lots of my friend use mobile for internet so there u go i need a forum suitable to use from mobile.

any idea.

thanks.

As far as I know, none.
You would have to get someone to code it, and it wouldn't be cheap.

myBB has a plugin to make all it's pages viewable in mobile web browsers I think... but not in WAP.

Might be a bit of a daft idea right now, you'd probably have to spend a considerable amount (I know I'd charge a considerable amount for something like this) and the reality is that more and more people have iphone-eske phones with proper internet browsing. This forum works fine on my ipod touch.

I say go for IPBoard. It includes a "lo-fi" version with out any graphics, addons etc... I use it when I am on the road to view through my psp or htc or my blackberry, its great fast loading even on edge/ gprs. and the psp fat/ slim editions ram both supports the lo-fi. the link will be included in the footer of your page, but simply you can have a index page, or portal, not sure if its wep compatible because Both my phones and psp's have web browser with html/ php/ xml/ flash support.

If you have acquired a ipb board system and need help installing you can pm me, I will tell you pricing for installations.

I say go for IPBoard. It includes a "lo-fi" version with out any graphics, addons etc... I use it when I am on the road to view through my psp or htc or my blackberry, its great fast loading even on edge/ gprs. and the psp fat/ slim editions ram both supports the lo-fi. the link will be included in the footer of your page, but simply you can have a index page, or portal, not sure if its wep compatible because Both my phones and psp's have web browser with html/ php/ xml/ flash support.

If you have acquired a ipb board system and need help installing you can pm me, I will tell you pricing for installations.
vbulletin also offers that.

I have some free time next week, maybe I'll build one then. So if someone would want to use it, I'd have to make it open-source I guess? Anyone who got more info about open-source etc. ?

Back