• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to have more members?

Nikolasr

We have company bryansoft.com and we need members...
We have forum,very good website,and now we like to have more members

How?We are providing good webhosting for our clients..
Please tell..

The only answer and the best option - MARKETING

Basically, advertise like hell and try to offer something unique.

Getting more members...

We have company bryansoft.com and we need members...
We have forum,very good website,and now we like to have more members

How?We are providing good webhosting for our clients..
Please tell..

(Dan also wrote: "Dan The only answer and the best option - MARKETING
Basically, advertise like hell and try to offer something unique.")

It need not even be "unique"; that's what is partially causing the "overselling" problem. Just offer something solid and market that.

(Admins, is there anything we can do to assist the database revamp going on? That would be the ideal resource so that upon seeing dicussions like this, we would check the database for more info and any other user ratings.)

For example, I as a typical prospective host-client have not heard of your company yet, as there are so many new companies seeking Mindshare.

When advertising try to advertise stuff that other people dont offer.

Also. Try advertising in games were clans are most often found such as Counter-strike, maplestory and Call of duty 4.

When you consider that there are way more people posting offers than there are people looking for free hosting (well on this forum), then you must expect signups to be slow. Try to do something different and you might get more.

More offers than signups!?

When you consider that there are way more people posting offers than there are people looking for free hosting (well on this forum), then you must expect signups to be slow. Try to do something different and you might get more.

Wow Jan.

I never would have guessed. I'd have thought that only the offers are "visible" while signups happen silently, and the people requesting are looking for stuff they haven't yet seen in the existing offers.

Based on our signup results, I am convinced there are quite a few lurkers who still come here to look for free hosting!

EDIT: Nikolasr, here is your problem in a nutshell - your site doesn't mention anything about free hosting above the fold of the homepage. It looks like a typical paid hosting site, and it is very boring. (I am sorry if this comes across as harsh - just trying to be 100% honest.) I would definitely rework your site, so that more people could tell at a glance that you offer free hosting. Also, try to use friendlier colors - green is fine, but add some other colors to it (something not so neutral as grey).

As a free web space worm (or more appropriately... seeker =D), I suggest the following:

1. Place an ad with a nice summary of your offer in the offering forum
2. Not sure if this is actually allowed but slam a 1-2 line text ad in your signature, with link to your website of course

Based on our signup results, I am convinced there are quite a few lurkers who still come here to look for free hosting!

EDIT: Nikolasr, here is your problem in a nutshell - your site doesn't mention anything about free hosting above the fold of the homepage. It looks like a typical paid hosting site, and it is very boring. (I am sorry if this comes across as harsh - just trying to be 100% honest.) I would definitely rework your site, so that more people could tell at a glance that you offer free hosting. Also, try to use friendlier colors - green is fine, but add some other colors to it (something not so neutral as grey).

TSO you should talk. Your site and hosting is downright awful. Your site looks terrible too.

Stop saying other hosts look bad when you know yours is terrible. And stop using Layered Panel.

Improve your English :S

Remember, you post is the first thing clients/customers of your host are going to see, if that has lots of spelling mistakes, and lots of errors, then, it puts people off.

I know what your going to say, this is the internet, you want to type quickly, but still, an image is an image. clients form an image of the company by the way its representatives act, and you are giving out the wrong message.

By your sloppy grammer and English, you are sending the message that the site is run by a bunch of kids, not knowing if your going to be able to pay the next server bill, you come across as unorganised.

Your English and Grammer is something you need to improve upon, and I'm sure, that after awhile, you will gain more respect from the people looking for hosting, and they will therefore show you respect and join up with your forum, and get hosting with you.

TSO you should talk. Your site and hosting is downright awful. Your site looks terrible too.

Stop saying other hosts look bad when you know yours is terrible. And stop using Layered Panel.
You should be nicer to such a host. Free hosts keep most sites alive... Im sure you had freehosting in the past if not now. Dont be an --- about it

Yep definitely all comes down to marketing and providing a quality service. Once you start getting users, its likely that some users will tell their friends which will recruit more users for you.

Offering free hosting as a perk is definitely a good idea for a site like yours.

Back