• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how much would a t3 cost

coolguy23

just wonderin how much a t3 costs....and how bout 0c3 and other high speeds for fwp purposes...and which would be the best kind for a fwp

naw, i have a t1 that goes a lil over then 3.5 megs a sec, for 50$, but i know that t3s can get more over then 5,000$ a month cuz they can go over 300MBPS

Originally posted by Mrh0ax
naw, i have a t1 that goes a lil over then 3.5 megs a sec, for 50$

Ummm sorry, don't think so. Full T1 can push out at 1.544 Mb and costs around $800. There is another form of a T1 that can push just a bit more than 3.1 Mbps, and I don't have pricing handy, but it won't be *close* to $50/mo.

[Edited by Chicken on 12-20-2000 at 10:20 AM]

wow...those proces are HIGH....well i was just checking cuz my friend claims that he has t3 and he says he pays 200/month....now i know he might be lieing

Just as a little correction T3 is 45mbs.

Also for reference OC3 is 155mps (You see that touted a lot so I thought I would mention it).

Originally posted by coolguy23
wow...those proces are HIGH....well i was just checking cuz my friend claims that he has t3 and he says he pays 200/month....now i know he might be lieing

There's no *might* about it.

My cable modem tops out at about 2.550Mbps, and it costs me 39.95. I have friends who have another cable provider that is a little faster than me. However, if you want speed for personal use, try Sprint ION. Ion, is a type of dsl that runs at 8mbps down, and 1.5mbps up. They come in packages, and I think you can get 2 phone lines, the Ion, and 400 minutes of long-distance for 119.99. If you sign up now, they are throwing in the HUB ($250) for free. Check out sprint.com for details.......

well, i have an image proff of my home speed and it does only cost 50$

i use vialight.net it is a public lan that goes that fast

i KNOW what i have and how fast i go

sorry, that would be vialight.com is show up as vialight.net in my IP

chicken you are a Admin

check my IP and do a NS Lookup

see who's correct?

mabey it aint t1, but it is a lan/fiber optics

Cost of the equipment needed to build a ViaLight P-LAN is decreasing every year. So much so that the capital cost to build a ViaLight fiber network is now nearly at parity with telephone industry DSL networks, and is at parity with cable TV industry’s HFC networks. The ViaLight P-LAN does not require the use of powered equipment in the outside plant infrastructure. Provisioning multi-gigabits of bandwidth to homes and businesses is done without changing our fiber cable plant. This results in significantly lower infrastructure lifecycle costs than telephone DSL or HFC network infrastructures. Soon ViaLight P-LANs will be delivering 1 Gigabit of bandwidth to residential and commercial customers at today’s 100 Mbps price point. DSL and cable modem infrastructures will clearly not be able to effectively compete with the ViaLight P-LAN and the services it will support.

Well, it isn't a T1, but it is fast. First, you must live in Chelan County (unless there is a new market they've opened that they don't list on the site) since their Woodlands project doesn't seem to be up quite yet. I imagine that your connection will gradually get slower (of course they may continually increase capacity).

Really it is great idea, but extremely limited in scope at this time. They seem to be starting development of their services in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Indonesia, but I'd still like to know how dependable the service is for the purposes of web hosting. If you know of a server connected to this network, please post the URL (I'd like to stick a monitor on it that checks every 15 minutes for a month just out of curiosity).

I'm all for new technology in this area. I had read a lot about Qwest and their plans about laying tons of line across the country that would increase the capacity and, I thought, lower the cost of all this. Costs have been coming down, but I wasn't impressed with my experience with Qwest (only one experience).

Hopefully these guys can do a better job.

[Edited by Chicken on 12-21-2000 at 06:56 PM]

I think he means that no wonder FWPs who lease a dedicated T1 or T3 have ads (due to the cost involved).

I wonder if the ads really make up for the cost of server equipment and backbone charges with some of these FWP's?

I don't think so. Better as a lead in for paid services or other services that you offer, etc. I dunno... from what some people post as their ad-revenue, it makes me wonder too.

phew that's high........

man good thing i live on college campus and get t3 for free....i tell ya, we get spoiled....and i dont even GO to college! (dont ask)

Back