• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how much would a t3 cost

T3 is 45mbps and OC3 is 155mbps. I have both an OC3 and a T3 for my business. I am based in the UK and this is costing me for the T3 approx £13,500 a month and the OC3 approx £34,000 a month. The OC3 runs through 3 different backbone providers BT, UUNET and Telco. The T3 is from UUNET.
If you need any more info I can you in contact with people who maybe able to help you further. for example telia.com

hehe, good question? I just spent almost £1 million on a datacentre in London, that's when I aquired the OC3, but I also lease my connection to other business allow them co-location etc....
I'm intereseted to know what the prices are in the us and canada.

Originally posted by cabalstudios
T3 is 45mbps and OC3 is 155mbps. I have both an OC3 and a T3 for my business. I am based in the UK and this is costing me for the T3 approx ?3,500 a month and the OC3 approx ?4,000 a month. The OC3 runs through 3 different backbone providers BT, UUNET and Telco. The T3 is from UUNET.
If you need any more info I can you in contact with people who maybe able to help you further. for example telia.com

These must be fractional prices? $5,200 USD for a T3, less tha $6,000 USD for an OC3? There was someone mentioning that they had pricing for a DS3 for around $18,000 (on another board)...

Those would definitly be fractional or shared. He may not realize it, but I'd bet somewhere close to his location is an OC3 node which has short OC3 lines going to a number of nearby buildings. The diagram below kind of shows it. 1,2,3,4, and 5 are all OC3 lines but are short and all connect to one main OC3. Although each has their own short OC3, they all connect to a single OC3 which leads to the local NOC. A dedicated OC3 would run all the way from only your building directly to the NOC, which generally sits on something like an OC48 backbone. Between the cost of equipment, lines, digging the trench, laying the dedicated lines, etc...it can cost millions. There's no way to get a dedicated OC3 for only $4000/month....unless perhaps you financed it and those are your monthly payments.

1__2__3__4__5
|..................|
.\................/.
..\............../..
...\............/...
....\........../....
.....\......../.....
......\....../......
.......\..../.......
........\../........
.........\/.........
.........||.........
......Full OC3....
.........||.........
.........||.........
.........||.........
.........||.........
.........NOC......
.......|.....|......
.......|.....|......
.......|.....|......
......Backbone...
..|..............|..
..|..............|..
..|..............|..
..|..............|..

I never said an OC3 is $4000/month, if you look at my post my OC3 is costing me £34,000/month that's 34,000 UK POUNDS MONTHLY which is $70,000 USD MONTHLY. and a T3 13,500 UK POUNDS MONTLY which is $27,000 USD MONTHLY.

It also makes a BIG difference depending on where you live. Prices will fluctuate drastically.

Sorry Cabal, I mistook the '?' in '?4,000 a month' to be USD, what exactly does the '?' stand for? i really don't know. Now it makes more sense though, thanks for the clarification.

here is something that looks really cheap comparing with OC3 (and is much faster)

What is Cogent Communications?
Cogent Communications is a next generation Internet Service Provider (ISP) with an all-optical, IP network that allows the company to provide unparalleled bandwidth at radical prices. Through its unique network architecture, Cogent harnesses the latest in optical networking and routing technology to create the most robust and efficient network. Cogent offers a 100 Mbps dedicated Internet access product to multi-tenant commercial buildings for a flat rate of $1,000/month.

http://www.cogentco.com/faq.html

Back