• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how much do you study on average every day?

How much do you study on average every day?

• less than 1 hour

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • about 1 hour

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • about 2 hours

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • about 3 hours

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • about 4 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • about 5 hours

• about 6 hours

• about 7 hours

• more than 7 hours

• I am not a student

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Well, it's not the mark you get, it's the skills, knowledge, and training you receive that is important from your education. The marks are supposed to give people a reason to study and learn.

2-3 hours, mostly three hours. From 6PM-9PM. Sometimes I am on the computer, and sometimes that time gets pushed later. I have a 45 minute study hall every day.

DAMN Canadians! You always have it easy.

Originally posted by Phrozen
Damnit! Canadians have it too easy.

A "C+" isn't considered a good mark though. It's considered kinda low actually. You need at least an B average just to get into any old hokey college, and at least an A average in 4 academics and a second language just to get into a university entrance program.

wow .. I never thought there would be so many differences between people studying in the same country.
Back home everybody goes to school at the same time, finishes at the same time, same uniform, same grading system, final exams are the same for each subject for everybody (given by the ministry of education) etc

If there are so many diferences how can you compare students from different schools? Maybe one has 3.0 GPA but from a very hard school and he will actually know more than somebody else with 4.0 from a easy school ....

Are these differences from state to state only, or schools do whatever they want?

yeah.

look at UBC, most programs there require at least 86% just to get in, and 100s maybe 1000s will be trying to get in with the same marks. so you have to have a high average to go to a decent university.

for all the canadian students browsing this thread, which math text are you all using?

Originally posted by Gayowulf

for all the canadian students browsing this thread, which math text are you all using?

I can't remember the name but it's the one with the frogs jumping on the front cover LOL. They start jumping in grade 10 and they land in grade 12!

Yeah thats the one i'm in too. i think it is to be used throughout western canada, and there is a different editon for eastern Canada. Its hard because its brand new and none of the teachers are used to teaching from it.

Originally posted by Phrozen

I guess every place is different. A 4.0 GPA is straight A's here.

On a side note, I feel bad for those of you who ever had to wear uniforms in school. If I ever had too, I would've just dropped out.

well a 4.43 is wieghted honors classes are averaged as a 5.0 for an A but i also have to wear a uniform

I don't study as much as I should. I usually just study before I need too like a test or a quiz.

AP Chemistry- 0minutes
Accelerated Physics- 30 minutes
Phys Ed -0 minutes
Spanish 3- hahahaha
US History- 10 minutes
Junior Honors English- 5 minutes. (hard to study for this class, it's just a class on writing papers)
Pre Calculus- 60minutes

Originally posted by Gayowulf
86-100 A
73-85 B
67-72 C+
60-66 C
50-59 C-
0-49 I

WTF? Thats weird too. You guys get I's? Does that mean Incomplete or something? No F's?
For us:
95-100 A+
90-94 A
85-89 B+
80-84 B
75-79 C+
70-74 C
65-69 D
65-0 F

yeah I is incomplete. it means that you have a hole bunch of work you have to do/redo and if you dont do it within a certain amount of time the I turns into an F

I'm using the frog book right now...
It seems like everyone in my class is having a hard time. I find it more difficult, but I can still comprehend the concepts.

Oh ya, at our school, we don't do A's, or B's and stuff. We use percentages. In my opinion, percentages are much better than any letter or number grading system there is.

Originally posted by Coolin
Oh ya, at our school, we don't do A's, or B's and stuff. We use percentages. In my opinion, percentages are much better than any letter or number grading system there is.
Well we use percentages here too. They add the letter just for the hell of it.

You do have it easy, but the thing is, ranking doesn't count. In the end, it's how well you perform. I'm keeping my grades above 90. We use percentages.

How many of you actually have lecturing? Does your teacher not give a damn about HW and only cares about tests? My AP Euro teachers gives massive amounts of HW but only to prepare us for exams.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
How many of you actually have lecturing? Does your teacher not give a damn about HW and only cares about tests? My AP Euro teachers gives massive amounts of HW but only to prepare us for exams.
In most of my classes the teacher may assign a page or two of reading or maybe a couple of questions for homeowrk if they feel like it. Most of our tests are either open book or they let us use notes.

in math i would say 80% of the class mark comes from tests, with the odd homework check/assignment. the teacher gives us a review prior to the test that is about 90% compliant whith the test. 40% of the final mark comes form the final exam. the teacher lectures for up to an hour

In English, most of the marks come from in class and homework, but the final exam is worth 40% in this final year of school the courses are only about preparing you for the final government exam, which will make or break your whole school year.

Back