• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How many hosts can be reached if your site is down?

[UW]Glenn;1042181 said:
heh smarty pants.

My clients aren't awake at that time, and neither am I (Well... Most of the time I go to sleep at 3am) but I do have the servers managed, so they would be brought back up as soon as they are noticed to go down. Or at least I would imagine so.

wow I've answered my phone at 3:33 am when I went to bed at 3am once. Seriously clients are number one and deserve to be our gold.

wow I've answered my phone at 3:33 am when I went to bed at 3am once. Seriously clients are number one and deserve to be our gold.

That's not to say that I wouldn't help my client out if they needed me at some unsightly hour, unless I didn't hear my phone. But that's really what managed server support is for. :)

We have our site in two datacenters, however there is about a five minute downtime if it has to be switched (five minutes at the most - because of our monitor)
We also have a toll free number which is sent out in the welcome email to all clients!

[UW]Glenn;1042347 said:
That's not to say that I wouldn't help my client out if they needed me at some unsightly hour, unless I didn't hear my phone. But that's really what managed server support is for. :)
Land line and the laptop is right next to my bed. Phone rings, I unlock the laptop and then answer the call.

It doesn't matter what time of the night or day it is so long you can hear the phone ring. Just make sure you have a dedicated line for your business.

But it will be in the new year :)
I am hoping all hosts will make that their New Year's Resolution if they are unreachable when the sites are down :angel: Or at least have an alternative email to be reached at (preferably one they use a lot).

I am hoping all hosts will make that their New Year's Resolution if they are unreachable when the sites are down :angel:

I wanted to get this done sooner, But other project's and sysadmin job's appeared each weekend I planned/penciled in the move.

Back