• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you pronounce Taco?

How do you pronounce taco?

• Taw-koh

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Tack-o

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

Canuckkev

Doctor Hexagon
NLC
So my friends made fun of me for the way I say "taco". So, without revealing my bias, how do you pronounce taco?

I'm guessing Americans tend to say Tack-O simply because you folks tend to talk like that. The CBC had an interesting video on talking Canadian and it talked about the difference between the way Americans talk and the way Canadians talk. Cool eh?

I'm guessing Americans tend to say Tack-O simply because you folks tend to talk like that. The CBC had an interesting video on talking Canadian and it talked about the difference between the way Americans talk and the way Canadians talk. Cool eh?

I've never heard anybody say "tack-o".

It's always been "taw-koh".

For reference, I've lived in central and southern Louisiana, central Mississippi, and, most recently, in Atlanta.

I guess it all depends on where you go, I hear Tack-O a lot when I travel to the U.S. But it's not too often people say the word taco.

Back