• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you get customers

So, does this fact means you have rights to blacken me before the other users? Please, next time, keep your personal opinion about other people out of public.

In order to be clear, 'reputation smell' is a metaphor, which means the reputation attracts clients sometimes even more thant advert, the same like pleasant smell attracts.

Actually, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

How to get customers?
Advertise around, spam around without annoy people that much.

Awesome advice. Advertise on Facebook Business pages for the most effect. Spam is not good, it does not taste good, I prefer Smoked turkey. You can find reviews about spam on Google, it will show you how many people do not "like" Spam on Facebook.

Awesome advice. Advertise on Facebook Business pages for the most effect. Spam is not good, it does not taste good, I prefer Smoked turkey. You can find reviews about spam on Google, it will show you how many people do not "like" Spam on Facebook.

You do realize that this thread is already inactive for almost a month right?

Well, we haven't auto closed this topic yet and it's not an offer thread so I'll let people respond in this specific case. If they stay on topic. But yes, zipman has been bumping old threads and we have our eyes on this user.

Well, we haven't auto closed this topic yet and it's not an offer thread so I'll let people respond in this specific case. If they stay on topic. But yes, zipman has been bumping old threads and we have our eyes on this user.

Glad to know that zipman816 is under observation by the mods.
Because he had really bumped up a lot of old threads which there is no more discussions at all, and sometimes, his replies are totally off topic...

nice to hear that peo :D

ok to get on topic

those days you got differend books like
  • windows for dummy's
  • linux for dummy's
  • exell for dummy's
  • word for dummy's
so to gain members i would suggest first to read 2 books that realy helps (if they exist ^^ )
  • Marketing for dummy's
  • Seo for dummy's

as soon you understand marketing and seo do you know how to get members
it is the first start you need to make , be visible for every1 on any kind of way you can be visible (no not spamming .. )

Gain reputation and make sure that users knows you ( in a good way -> pointing to some1 who is doing it wrong)

stay nice all the time and be sure that you do what ever you can for your customers , it are your customers who get you new customers and not the unhappy clients ( they just let you lose clients )

you need to see it as 1 big family , if the head persone of a family love it .. then others will join you with out a problem (got that rule from 1 of the biggest company's in belgium)

its hard to make a good name , but a bad name is as easy as it can be (doing something good is a hard job , doing something bad is just 1 click away )

if you understand the above rules .. then you understand how to get clients and how to keep clients

Greetings From PowerChaos
PowerChaos Company Owner

Your ability to create and maintain customers, at least in the beginning, will depend upon your advertising dollars, and where you are willing to spend them.

Obviously, your question is dealing with the latter. In that case, this really depends on your strengths. Are you a good marketer? Do you have great graphic design skills? Can you write amazing copy that draws your visitors in?

Those are questions you need to ask yourself before you spend any money. Find out what your strengths are, then find networks that cater to them. Find Niche markets you can cater to in particular. Offer great, but realistic deals.

But, on top of all that, and probably most importantly - keep your current customers happy. Happy customers refer customers, and referred customers = free customers. That is your end game. Be so great, that you're referrals do the work for you.

Your ability to create and maintain customers, at least in the beginning, will depend upon your advertising dollars, and where you are willing to spend them.

Obviously, your question is dealing with the latter. In that case, this really depends on your strengths. Are you a good marketer? Do you have great graphic design skills? Can you write amazing copy that draws your visitors in?

Those are questions you need to ask yourself before you spend any money. Find out what your strengths are, then find networks that cater to them. Find Niche markets you can cater to in particular. Offer great, but realistic deals.

But, on top of all that, and probably most importantly - keep your current customers happy. Happy customers refer customers, and referred customers = free customers. That is your end game. Be so great, that you're referrals do the work for you.

This thread is almost 2 months old........

Seriously, there is no reason to keep responding to these old threads.

Well, if it's a request thread I can see your point about not replying to old threads. But this is more of a general hosting business topic. If a new member would like to add their view I see no big problem with that? Besides, the limit we have set to close topics is the limit we have.

I suppose, but then what would stop somebody new from responding to every thread that's say years old, just to build their post count? I just thought it was a little silly is all.

[EDIT] Just to note...not sure what the limit is, but you can still respond to threads from 2005. Would it be acceptable for somebody new (or anybody for that matter) to go back and start responding to all those threads one-by-one? Doesn't make sense to me, but oh well.

Last edited:
I see what you mean, but we have to set the limit at something. It's currently set to 60 days. Some forum sections we don't have a limit. For instance in Test things out. In this section threads should be autoclosed if no reply has been posted within the last 60 days.

No, that would not be ok.

Oh...I see. I didn't even notice the autoclose in this section, to be honest. Looks good to me. :D 60 days makes sense.

Back