• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you get customers

I suppose the forum signature can be very useful to get customers..

BTW, the thread is two old..

Mods, why not to close it.

Just post in different forums and try to make back links.

SEO of your website is best thing but I am afraid it is slow enough, if your website is top of the pages in search engines you would definitely get more customers.

The lack of new discussions makes me posting up in the old threads.

May tell we completely agree about providing professional quality makes better marketing. The low prices are nothing compare to the quality, when people really wanna have it they will pay for it. Good forum ab blog promotion also helps. As well as direct marketing via representatives.

Start you hosting with hosting your friends and their friends. That is the best way. If they like your services they will reffer other people to you as well then you increase your circle and take interest some advertisement stuff

The best way is to search Google for relevant search terms, and post your link in the directories and forums on the first page (as these are the most popular).

I posted this back in 2009 and it is still going.

Hallo!

However, since the time that you posted this, you are no longer socheaphost, but are now 24Khost. Did you get stuck, close down, take some time off, and restart something new, or was it a seamless brand switch? By now you know I am a stability advocate, so I'd like to know what happened in the transition.

ALso the web hosting used to have around 10K web hosts back in early 2000. Now there are probably hundreds of thousands of web hosts. Including "resellers", which def. make up the majority of them too.

Get customers form my traffic.
I always do lot of affiliate marketing to get those traffic and turn it to sales.
Beside that i get traffic from social network , blog , directories, google adwords and so on.

Get customers form my traffic.
I always do lot of affiliate marketing to get those traffic and turn it to sales.
Beside that i get traffic from social network , blog , directories, google adwords and so on.

You don't get traffic from us.

Customers come after the reputation smell. They know we are widely recommended and thus we perform minimal promotion needed, while clients are now coming as a stable flow.

Well, it took us atleast a year to get a decent fanbase and clients.

Web Hosting is hard to get into, so for the first year your starting you better expect some downfalls.

But the way to do it, is mostly advertise...and play the waiting game.

Just provide a high quality service and your current customers will spread the word for you. They will be more than happy to brag about their really good find to not so fortunate friends and pass along your link to others. At least, that's what I did recently when I found a really good no-ads free hosting service. I couldn't wait to tell my friends about it. Maybe that's just human nature.

Of course, that doesn't solve the problem of how to get your first initial customers. Perhaps you could use pay per click or ask friends to sign up.

Advertising usually works if you are on target with the niche market.

In this industry it's a huge waiting game, then you start to get regular signups after a lot of patience and advertising.

Don't mind him, he's just a bot that regularly posts nonsense.

When you Do not understand something (an allegory in this case) it doesn't mean it is a nonsense. May only advise you to read more books to be able to get what people are trying to say.

When you Do not understand something (an allegory in this case) it doesn't mean it is a nonsense. May only advise you to read more books to be able to get what people are trying to say.

I'm not the only one around here that has difficulty understanding you. Only up until just recently have your posts made even a little bit of sense, but only after your account was limited and your rights to place a signature were revoked.

Last edited:
I'm not the only one around here that has difficulty understanding you.

So, does this fact means you have rights to blacken me before the other users? Please, next time, keep your personal opinion about other people out of public.

In order to be clear, 'reputation smell' is a metaphor, which means the reputation attracts clients sometimes even more thant advert, the same like pleasant smell attracts.

So, does this fact means you have rights to blacken me before the other users? Please, next time, keep your personal opinion about other people out of public.

Hey buddy, you already put the nails in your own coffin after posting a bunch of babbleing bot nonsense a while back. Apparently the staff here thought the same or else you would not have lost your rights to a signature. Go play in traffic.

Last edited:
I would start by signing up friends and family, then go the Social Media route. Once you have a few loyal customers, provide a a quality service at an affordable price and you should start to see your business grow.

Back