• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How can I create a web hosting on my own computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not so much internet connection in china - speeds are good -- to China websites, the problem is with the rest of the world.

375kbps upload from china to los angeles. Pretty good.
You can go ahead and setup your small linux for for testing, but beware that with your connection you can only upload at ~45kb/s. Which is still ok for a personal site, but becomes problematic if 45 people are viewing the site at the same time, (each only gets 1kb/s). I hope you get the idea.

Good Luck and have fune

375kbps upload from china to los angeles. Pretty good.
You can go ahead and setup your small linux for for testing, but beware that with your connection you can only upload at ~45kb/s. Which is still ok for a personal site, but becomes problematic if 45 people are viewing the site at the same time, (each only gets 1kb/s). I hope you get the idea.

Good Luck and have fune

i am not in China. I am In USA

Ok

:beer:

I'm chinese myself and I go back to Beijing every once in a while and yes the connection there generally sucks. By the looks of it, this guy is either joking or does not know what he is talking about. I draw my conclusion from these points:

1. He asked if Linux supported Windows - Now this would be a valid question if he was talking about WinEX or Lindows but I doubt he was talking about an OS emulator for that.

2. He wants to host a website on Windows XP, home edition it would seem. Who does that?

3. He doesn't seem to know anything about apache, php, or server managed.

4. Somehow even though $3/month for hosting is expensive, $1200 for cpanel is somehow affordable.

This thread overall makes absolutely no sense.

But back to the point: What are your computer specs. If your going to be hosting a website and plan on using your computer at the same time, you'd better at least have a Dual-core processor witgh 2GB of RAM. Your website may be down anytime you are playing a game or running a serious application.

Theoretically I could host my website(s) on my laptop, but that just wouldn't be smart, thats why I pay over $200/month for a dual-core dedicated server.

Last edited:
Dear Chinam man, cpanel costs 1200$. I don't think you want to spend this much.

So, either
1) convert your windows box to linux and install a free panel (vhcs)
2) use IIS on your windows
3) purchase hosting somewhere else

In either cases, all 3 options have been described in this thread and you still have no idea what was said or what to do.
Solution: Find a Chinam forum and discuss with them in your language.

does vhcs CPanel have PHP5 Apache MySQL

the website is http://vhcs.net

does vhcs CPanel have PHP5 Apache MySQL
[/url]
Geez, VHCS is a control panel.
PHP5 is a program.
Apache is a program.
MySQL is a program.
VHCS can control the above 3 programs. Create users, databases, email, etc.

This thread is dead. We aleady suggested every reasonable option. I suggest you go do some homework. If you don't know the difference between a control panel and php, we're going nowhere.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back