• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostUltra

jgiam

I bet a lot of people have been bitching about the racism by a lot of free web hosts...

but this is rediculous

"Sorry, We are not accepting applications from your Country at this time.

This does NOT mean you have done something wrong
at the moment we only want signups from major English speaking countries
Please try again in a few weeks"

I AM IN SINGAPORE FOR GOODNESS SAKE! WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE! SHEESH!

Okay, bet this is gonna get closed soon :confused2

its just a basic reply..

i live in holland and a few weeks ago I was unable to sign up.. i mean holland... one of the best english speaking countries in europe.....

Originally posted by conkermaniac
In terms of English speakers, England surprisingly produces very few of them.

LOL...Why do you say that? :biggrin2: :chinese2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
In terms of English speakers, England surprisingly produces very few of them.

Explain ?

only reason like 5% of english peepz speak english is becuase 95% of them have come from different countrys .. like india and pakistan and shite :D

Explain ?

only reason like 5% of english peepz speak english is becuase 95% of them have come from different countrys .. like india and pakistan and shite

Why do you say that, why do you put "India and Pakistan" with the word "Shite"? :surprised - Isn't that racist?

On Topic - I think HostUltra has closed sign ups because they were getting too much sign ups from specific countries...maybe the reason should be re-adjusted? :wink2:

Well I just signed up yet again, so it is working fine. I also have email verification.

An email has been sent to *******@hotmail.com with a verification link, that when clicked, will activate your account
Welcome **********

Thank you for registering.

Register your own YOURNAME.COM domain name for free now! Click here!!

To activate your account, please click on this link: (You must activate your account!)
http://www.hostultra.com/cgi-bin/user/user.cgi?auth=Q9IhPNcb&uid=*************&action=verify_auth

To upload your site please login via FTP to ftp.hostultra.com with your username & password
Do NOT use your browser to login to ftp as it will not work!

FTP takes approximately 1 HOUR to be activated after you activate your account!!

If you forgot your password please use the password reminder function at http://www.hostultra.com/cgi-bin/user/homefree.cgi
Please do not email us asking for your password and use the script thankyou.

Originally posted by Lovellz
Explain ?

only reason like 5% of english peepz speak english is becuase 95% of them have come from different countrys .. like india and pakistan and shite :D

I hate frickin racists like you! Even if you disagree, you should not offend other people. :mad: :angry2:

Allow me to explain my logic...the population of England is almost 50 million, of which quite a few do not speak other languages/dialects. Almost all Americans and Canadians can speak English, adding another 275 million English speakers or so. Another 400 million or so people can speak English in Asia - places like China, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines (I even saw a commercial that said that there are more English speakers in the Philippines than England :D), INDIA, and PAKISTAN. Now, not even including the other European countries, Australia, Africa, and South America, we see that England only makes up less than 7% of the world's English speaking population. :)

And BTW, HostUltra is a weird, weird host. :biggrin2:

Last edited:
you don't understand why hostultra blocks your signups, do you?
it is only because of advertising. if i had a company in england, i don't want to show my ads to people in india who cannot buy my products. i must pay for all popups, whether they came from the country where i have my company or not. can you understand the principle?

i would never think that any of this hosts are rasism.

#Cyberflash

Originally posted by sEgAgEs
Even if you fill in USA it will give that error.

If you fill in USA (or any other country) and you are not from the country you selected (the server traces your location) it will give the same error

Because of massive abuse from foreigners only some countries are allowed

Originally posted by HostUltra
If you fill in USA (or any other country) and you are not from the country you selected (the server traces your location) it will give the same error

Because of massive abuse from foreigners only some countries are allowed

that is okay, but blocking countries where english is a big thing, examples the netherlands, germany to name a few. Come on.

Even European countries are blocked? :biggrin2: Perhaps the 48 States of America are blocked and the rest aren't? :smile2:

Originally posted by Cyberflash
you don't understand why hostultra blocks your signups, do you?
it is only because of advertising. if i had a company in england, i don't want to show my ads to people in india who cannot buy my products. i must pay for all popups, whether they came from the country where i have my company or not. can you understand the principle?

i would never think that any of this hosts are rasism.

#Cyberflash

Well, it's not all about advertising, and I can prove it. Almost all advertisers will only pay for traffic from the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Now explain to me why they will still allow traffic from countries like Germany (which contributes its fair share of abuse), Djibouti, Suriname, El Salvador, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Federated States of Micronesia, and Burkina Faso, all of which (except Germany) have lower a lower GDP than most of the Asian countries.

well it is strange that they should allow traffic, why not block it then ;).

You are right about that conkermaniac, why do they allow traffic but no signups. So strange.

Anyways, i think that hosts who do open, should check all aplications by hand, or get people to post their site at geocities or something.

That way you can know if the content is valid or not, or if it is a site that can be hosted, taht way chinese people and people from all over can get hosting, and not have the server get taken down by warez lamers.

That is just my point of view. Section5.net ( yes my site is hosted there, and yes i am admin on their forums. No i am not their server admin ) has hosted a lot of sites, asian, german, and more. Last i was checking a few out, and all kinds of nationalities came up. This was due to the fact that Michael ( server admin ) and me check aplicants and ask them what they are gonna do with the space.

Some hosts allow people to signup, and thats it, they can start uploading. If someone wants hosting bad enough, they will keep up with the posts asking for more info, or what they are gonna do with the space. Warez people mostly need the space fast, and no people asking qeustions, because that would make them feel unsafe knowing someone wants to know.

Another thing taht would then happen is that the legit people can have more resources, if you limit the amoun of accounts. That way you can give more space and bandwith, and not get your server totally full of load.

Handchecking for freehosting is the way to go, so that not every person in the world can get hosting after filling out a form.

Disagree? Post on my forums http://x-istence.com/forums/ or reply here, or use the little email button available to us.

X-Istence

no you would not need to take the entire day, since you are limiting the amount of accounts. Right now pretty much anyone in the US can go and signup for your hosting.

WEll its not my decisision.

Well when you have a CP like Ensim I suppose everyone's at you for hosting. Well not really, but I go through 10 applications a day for hosting and deny most of them, but it's not THAT hard just opening each e-mail. People just hate opening their e-mail up and sending me an e-mail. :D

So if some people are lazy to send you an e-mail applications will DROP dramaticaly. :D

Back