• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostMe3.com Nulled IPB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL its funny why peoples used NULLED BOARDS and take risk when we have lots of free open source boards available like phpbb or smf

If you feel it is an illegal version, contact IPB. The method you are using does not work in all cases, as far as I know some legal IPB boards have altered that page.

LOL its funny why peoples used NULLED BOARDS and take risk when we have lots of free open source boards available like phpbb or smf

Ditto, this just never seems to amaze me, just how stupid people are making choices like that.

I'm also not sure, but I was under the impression this method of checking is no longer used by IPB.

lol, no but so see a free host use a paid board is quite suspicious. Personally I'm happy with myBB and its features.

Thats basicly what i'm saying. If a free host is using a paid board, they're not thinking about money or its just nulled.

I'm using phpBB for my free host board, and SMF for another personal site, and I'm very happy with both of them. SMF, I feel is better, but phpBB has more MOD's, which makes it more convenient.

You don't need to steal software to be happy. It's more or less, one of those, "I want it, because it's not free," kind of things.

It makes me angry, software thieves should be shot in the face, there is so much free software available for EVERYTHING that theres no need to steal it from hard working developers .... grrrr grrrr

myBB is perefectly fine for me. There's no need to steal like that.

Well, people who use nulled boards are just stupid...if they get reported, they will loose all the data...MyBB,phpBB,SMF,PunBB and a lot more are totally free to use...maybe some hosts use nulled boards because they think that people like them more and more people will join them...

Well, people who use nulled boards are just stupid...if they get reported, they will loose all the data...MyBB,phpBB,SMF,PunBB and a lot more are totally free to use...maybe some hosts use nulled boards because they think that people like them more and more people will join them...

Well. Actually they won’t. They will get a warning to remove the software from there site, which gives them enough time to convert the DB to phpBB, etc.

The only reason people do this is because there is little risk involved. Most hosts are not going to shut the client down if they removed the illegal software... And IPB/VB are only going to send an email, after that a letter to the WHOIS, but the hostee could just say they brought it, thinking it was legal.

I terminate any account with stolen software on without question, if they loose thier data that's thier fault, shouldn't have kept it in a stolen box should they ..... I don't do harbouring criminals in real life and refuse to do it in my e-life also.

Well everyone here should already know our reputation on the subject
as we are the bane and nemesis of all pirates everywhere ;) ...

Anyone trying to upload anything pirated or nulled with us is usually
terminated mid-upload before they can even complete the FTP transfer.

If anyone would like to have this sort of user monitoring as well, I am
often available to help hosts get setup with some of that technology.

CNLucus, yes the IPB details you posted is from a pirated copy

CNLucus, yes the IPB details you posted is from a pirated copy
Not according to IPB. Their rep was not able to tell me right away if that was a nulled forum or not. They'll need to investigate.

IPB no longer uses ipscheck or ipsreport, because they dont want customer details available to everyone, right?
It worked back in 2.0.x days, especially with the boards that would report back the release group's name, but not anymore...

Not according to IPB. Their rep was not able to tell me right away if that was a nulled forum or not. They'll need to investigate.
ROFL! They are a complete bunch of ------ over at IPB ...

I have direct access to IPB's full licensing database as well as all their
other systems and I have maintained full root access with them for a
long time as I am often the one who generally needs to bail them
out far too often.

Anyway though, I have specialized piracy detection tools that IPB does not
have in their possession which can identify pirated copies instantaneously
and I don't necessarily need to use ipscheck or ipsreport either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back