• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting of my personal site.

Quality hosts are going to find it harder and harder to beat the prices of the new hosts. . . No matter what type of service they deliver.

We don't even try to compete on price with the cheap startups. They disappear after a couple of months and the customer ends up looking for a host again. Hopefully this time they will be wiser and realise that you get what you pay for. Some do, some don't, but the reality is that most people (though this forum generally doesn't represent them) are happy to pay a reasonable price for hosting. :)

If your site has any real importance to you, I would caution you to stay away from the $1 a month sites. Do the math; these guys are not doing real business.

Actually I disagree. I can offer what I can for $1 month simply because I can afford it. Selling multiple 500MB accounts at $1 each is not a risk for me. I dont however, I offer a wide range. The profit I make from higher paying customers sometimes goes towards covering costs for lower end users. This doesnt exactly make me lose money but you do know that is a good advertising campaign, because once a person spreads the word it doesnt stop.

Some hosts wont take the risk, but hey to me thats what life is, a huge bunch of risks.

Actually I disagree. I can offer what I can for $1 month simply because I can afford it. Selling multiple 500MB accounts at $1 each is not a risk for me.

That may be true in your case as you seem to have thought out how you are going to operate long term (ie. using it as part of your promotional budgeting), but the majority of hosts offering hosting at super low prices disappear after a month or two. :) It would actually be interesting to go back to January last year (even January this year actually) and see how many of the budget hosts that posted on these forums still exist and how many didn't give any warning they were going out of business. I'm guessing the results would be pretty disgraceful.

TJR Networks said:
That may be true in your case as you seem to have thought out how you are going to operate long term (ie. using it as part of your promotional budgeting), but the majority of hosts offering hosting at super low prices disappear after a month or two. :) It would actually be interesting to go back to January last year (even January this year actually) and see how many of the budget hosts that posted on these forums still exist and how many didn't give any warning they were going out of business. I'm guessing the results would be pretty disgraceful.

Even this month 2 company's that recently started stopped offering services, prob there are more , but I noticed those two (Elite-Webhost and Daneticalservices is currently for sale)...

NevaCious said:
Even this month 2 company's that recently started stopped offering services, prob there are more , but I noticed those two (Elite-Webhost and Daneticalservices is currently for sale)...

My general recommendation is to look for a host that has been around for more than six months (it's true that everyone has to start somewhere but it reduces the risk), can actually spell and use correct grammar, can prove their uptime and can respond to sales/support queries in a timeframe that the customer finds acceptable. However, unfortunately most of the people posting requests on this forum pick primarily on price no matter how much they are warned of the risks so in many cases it is a lost cause. I hope they learn from the experience but you really do have to wonder when they come back a couple of months later looking for an even cheaper host. :tongue2:

Luckily for web hosts there are people out there who are willing to pay a reasonable price (which to be honest is not super expensive) for quality hosting. :)

personal page? Evohost.biz can help you
http://evohost.biz

you might as well start with a low budget host. I already introduced it to many of the student.. so affordable. only $2.99 per year
Disk space: 25 MB
Transfer: 200 MB
Databases: 7 MySQL
E-mails: Unlimited
Domains: Unlimited
Sub Domains: Unlimit
- Advanced Online Control Panel
- FREE Hosting Setup
- No Hidden Charges or Fees
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Your Own Personal CGI-BIN
- PHP 4.3.8 + Zend Enabled

- PERL & C - CGI Scripting
- Custom Error Pages
- Access To Raw Log Files
- Comprehensive Access Statistics
- Unlimited 24/7 Updates Via FTP

- MySQL databases
- Park and add unlimited domains
- Unlimited email addresses
- Unlimited Email Forwarding
- Your Own Webmail System
- Unlimited Email Aliases
- Unlimited Mailing Lists
- Unlimited Autoresponders
- Webmail, Calendar, Address-book for all website users
- Detailed Graphical Web Statistics

- Firewall & Port-Monitoring
- Weekly Web Site Backups
- Preinstalled FREE Scripts (fantastico deluxe)
- Detailed Package Statistics
- Regular News & Updates
- Personal Backup Facility

- Unlimited Sub domains
- Free Search Engine Submissions
- Fast Account activation
- Fast Reliable P4 Linux servers with 99.99%+ uptime.
- State of the Art Data Centre in Dallas, Texas
- Terminate Anytime - No Contracts
- No Adverts or Popups
- Excellent tech-support
- CGI-bin, PHP, FrontPage 98-2002, and much more !

You can email John at support@evohost.biz

He got variety packages suitable for student, SOHO and Professional usage.

takecare,
cher

Back