• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host Videos online

zerocool786

Hi

I am creating channel online. I know there are alot websites that help you do that.

I see something that URL ends with .mov or .wmv. The Flash player I have it only accepts those two formats.

I want know, how can I add streaming videos that ends with those two formats.

one way I know is to convert videos to wmv and upload to my site, but that will take too much time. so please give me good suggestions

thank you.

Hi

I am creating channel online. I know there are alot websites that help you do that.

I see something that URL ends with .mov or .wmv. The Flash player I have it only accepts those two formats.

I want know, how can I add streaming videos that ends with those two formats.

one way I know is to convert videos to wmv and upload to my site, but that will take too much time. so please give me good suggestions

thank you.

Best to get FFMPEG hosting, that way it can be converted on the server and take less time for you. (Provided the server is half decent)
I would also suggest getting the same flash player that YouTube uses (Before youtube customized it) and use PHP + MySQL for the back end so that people can use header (GET) variables to see the movie / video you wish to share.

You can also use Apache's HTACCESS file to make the URLs "SEO" friendly, although this method is not required because all major search engines can follow and distinguish between yourfile.php?act=something and yourfile.php?act=somethingelse.

Hope that helped. ^_^

vunow

I have Vunow box. the box stream wmv player through internet. This is what was looking to broadcast my channel. I know, I can just upload a .wmv file onto any hosting server, and have it stream on Vunow. But I needed to be LIVE streaming.

I can't have any other format then wmv. (no flash). I tried many software they all sucked. Yesterday I came across Wirecast. I think its the best one so far!!!.

thanks sarah

Back