• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

host once . com is ripping people off....

xzx

b&
b&
host once . com (no spaces) is ripping people off. They have done this to me, hence the reason I am posting this. Hopefully, they will go out of business. They offer the below services for $5 a month.

They offer these services:
Free Domain Name - Never Pay Registration fees again
Unlimited Webspace for your Domain
Unlimited Data Transfer
Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts and Autoresponders
Free Personal Control Panel
Full support for MS ASP, CGI, Perl, and ODBC
Create Subdomains from your Control Panel
Free Domain Name Transfer. International domains OK!
Hosted on our own Windows 2000 Servers
Connections to top brand Internet backbones
No banners ads or pop-up boxes
Free Frontpage 2002 Server Extensions
SSL Secure Server functionality
SQL Server 2000 Database connectivity
Free Statistics for your website
E-mail & Helpdesk Support 24 hours, 7 days per week
No set-up Fee

And guess what, they don't respect what they offer. They give you 35 megs of space, and 50 megs of bandwidth.

Note: I signed up for this service and 2 days after my site got up, they suspended me, I e-mailed them many times and and got no response for 4 DAYS. They have very bad service. They replied finally and said that my site was taking up too much bandwidth. A few days before i switched, my old FREE provider 4gigs.com, said that i was using 1.2 gigs of bandwidth a month and all that they offered in the free account was 1 gb. I get 1,000 uniques a day, with 5 megs total for the website.

This is just a warning for all you people that are thinking of using ---------. I am demanding my full refund and they are refusing to give it to me. Anyways, I am probably going to take them to court over this, although I don't really care about the money, it is mainly because they are false advertsing and I this is not a legal way to make money.

I appreciate anyone that will help me spread the word around about this company that rips people off.....

Thanks....

Last edited:
I've heard ppl saying --------.com is banned here.
I don't know why... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
i signed up for UNLIMITED which is what they claim they have. I guess it is banned or something, because I couldn't post the name. Maybe it was that bad, but we should be able to post shit on it so more people don't get tricked.

I know that their is no such thing as unlimited, i was expecting anywhere aroung 20 gigs a month or so to start off with. Instead, they gave me 2 days of bandwidth which i probably used around 10 megs or so.

Originally posted by xzx
I know that their is no such thing as unlimited, i was expecting anywhere aroung 20 gigs a month or so to start off with. Instead, they gave me 2 days of bandwidth which i probably used around 10 megs or so.

Then you had a good lesson on why unlimited is just a lie.
You see 4gigs.com does not provide unlimited hosting and they gives you 1GB of transfer which they promised (and even free). On the other hand, hostonce give you "UNLIMITED", but in reality, they just give you 10MB of transfer.

yeah, i guess there is no exception to having experiance, i just wish someone had posted what i just posted on host once .com for me. That would have made me change my mind.

The thing that i am really mad at is that they now have my domain, they will give it to me if i pay $16, and i want to use namecheap or maybe godaddy....

and the worst thing about host once .com, was that i had to pay for their crappy service, it's false advertising....

lol, that is irony for you. I didn't think of that at first. Maybe we should make them call it ONCE a HOST .com. :)

Last edited:
Actually, HO.com is a reseller of FastHost...

there all scams...maybe because they are located in the UK...

Originally posted by YUPAPA
I've heard ppl saying hostonce.com is banned here.
I don't know why... :confused:
Because the paid people or sent people here to spam.

(and I like your new avatar)

Laurence [who used to live in Japan];)

Originally posted by NexDog

Because the paid people or sent people here to spam.

(and I like your new avatar)

Laurence [who used to live in Japan];)

WHAT??
my avatar?? AND you live in JAPAN?? YOU JAPANESE?? :confused:

About a month ago people started spamming for Host Once on this board so Todd obviously banned their name and the people involved.

yea, I used to live in Japan - 4 years, now I'm in AU. I'm not Japanese but my wife is and I gues that makes my kids half Japanese. As for myself, I'm English (and we're having a good time right now :D:D:D)

The girl on your avatar looks asian and I've always had a soft spot for asian women, if you know what I mean, ;)

yeah, I think that I am only going to go with companies that actually have a set limit.....

Back