• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host Bashing Hosts

Marky

Thats all i see happen around here... hosts trying to bash eachothers hosts reputation so they can get the boost in clients... i think its really rediculous n stupid! im prolly stating the obvious here but its annoying! hosts shouldnt ask questions about other hosts unless they are actually clients questioning the host... thats my opinion

I've seen a lot of that around here but there are a lot of hosts here that help others out and get along great :)

Marki said:
Thats all i see happen around here... hosts trying to bash eachothers hosts reputation so they can get the boost in clients... i think its really rediculous n stupid! im prolly stating the obvious here but its annoying! hosts shouldnt ask questions about other hosts unless they are actually clients questioning the host... thats my opinion

I agree with you and have seen it. I probably have done it.
What you need to realise is that Web Hosting is a competative market, although I hate to think of it as a competition. So, hosts will go against each other to get clients. On the other hand, as mentioned above, web hosts do help each other out.

These are the ones I avoid when looking for a host. If they can't be professional in the public limelight, I would hate to see what they were like in the support department. What goes around, comes around ;) And don't forget the search engines are also watching :spider:

Jan said:
These are the ones I avoid when looking for a host. If they can't be professional in the public limelight, I would hate to see what they were like in the support department. What goes around, comes around ;) And don't forget the search engines are also watching :spider:

Hosts bashing hosts is a very common thing.

But here, whats more strange is hosts praising and recommending hosts because they feel like it. Now that is a joke

:spider:

i see hosts recomending other hosts quite a bit here... thats a good thing, to be able to help out another web master....

its like a friendly rival kind of relationship

Thats why I've stopped selling hosting here. As said in another thread somewhere, I don't want to be fighting with hosts for a $5 shared/reseller client. But I will always recomend HostingDepartment to anyone that asks :p

hosting-shack said:
Thats why I've stopped selling hosting here. As said in another thread somewhere, I don't want to be fighting with hosts for a $5 shared/reseller client. But I will always recomend HostingDepartment to anyone that asks :p

& we always appreciate :).

WHT is the worst for host bashing, sure there's host I dont like but I dont call them in public.... I wouldnt, unless it was very necessary. It seems too many host are jealous of other hosts becuase of there success.

WHT is the worst for host bashing, sure there's host I don't like but I don't call them in public.... I wouldn't, unless it was very necessary. It seems too many host are jealous of other hosts because of there success.

I agree 100% with that statement.

Craig said:
& we always appreciate :).

WHT is the worst for host bashing, sure there's host I dont like but I dont call them in public.... I wouldnt, unless it was very necessary. It seems too many host are jealous of other hosts becuase of there success.

You take some good beating over there, honestly I doubt anybody at WHT is jealous of you :knockedou

James said:
You take some good beating over there, honestly I doubt anybody at WHT is jealous of you :knockedou

Who said I was talking about me, you assumed that....what does that tell you?.

It's obvious, you don't need to try to explain. Now I'm jealous too? :lol: No more comments from me.

Host on Host bashing usually occurs when a "small" jealous web host cant compete with another web host's prices and specs. I dont claim to be a huge web hosting provider but when other hosts question the prices and the specs i offer, i tend to just ignore them. In all honesty im more concerned with what my customers and potential customers think of my service rather then what the competition thinks.

This is a community full of hosts, sooner or later they have to get along, and they seem to be doing just fine!

Craig said:
WHT is the worst for host bashing, sure there's host I dont like but I dont call them in public.....

Not at all. You only get bashed at WHT if you lie or are not upfront with the facts. If you remain honest to the community and your clients.. you can sure get away pretty easily. It's very easy infact to turn criticism into positive publicity.. and I surely don't miss a chance although anon-e-mouse/Jan is pretty fast to close the thread :)

Only recently I recall there was a host that claimed they had backup ram and wrote a BIOS-level software that automatically registered that RAM when the system was running low on the currently registered RAM :)

If they aren't going to be bashed, then what?

JodoHost said:
Not at all. You only get bashed at WHT if you lie or are not upfront with the facts. If you remain honest to the community and your clients.. you can sure get away pretty easily. It's very easy infact to turn criticism into positive publicity.. and I surely don't miss a chance although anon-e-mouse/Jan is pretty fast to close the thread :)

Only recently I recall there was a host that claimed they had backup ram and wrote a BIOS-level software that automatically registered that RAM when the system was running low on the currently registered RAM :)

If they aren't going to be bashed, then what?

:lol: Not sure what the point of that software would be...

the main difference here and WHT is that WHT is easy to call b.s. because there are alot of true professionals there.

the majority of hosts here are not even registered businesses and have reseller accounts. So when someone goes there and tries to peddle their wares and offer "advice" it is highly picked at and often criticized. That is why you do not see alot of the people that hang out here, hang out there.

WHT gets alot of crap for being strict and mean to people but it is only brought by themselves for speaking when they do not know what they are talking about and/or not following the rules

AvailNetworks said:
the main difference here and WHT is that WHT is easy to call b.s. because there are alot of true professionals there.

the majority of hosts here are not even registered businesses and have reseller accounts. So when someone goes there and tries to peddle their wares and offer "advice" it is highly picked at and often criticized. That is why you do not see alot of the people that hang out here, hang out there.

WHT gets alot of crap for being strict and mean to people but it is only brought by themselves for speaking when they do not know what they are talking about and/or not following the rules
Absolutely true.

Good post Avail.

:)

AvailNetworks said:

Back