• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hey, What is the best type of forum that looks profeshional and is free,

MyBB or SMF are definitely the most professional, as for the most user and admin-friendly I'd say MyBB.

I'd start using phpBB3, as it's going to be the most customizable over time, and being it's open-source, the customization will be that much better.

It's not very professional looking at this point, but will be over time.

I doubt PhpBB will ever come close to MyBB as regards customization in fairness.

that's like saying you can't expect *nix to be as secure as windows - even tellecommunication companies are headed by the *nix operating systems NOT windows, sure the person who answers the phone is using windows, that's because people are dumb, however linux is far superior to windows and always always will be ...

phpBB is bloated, badly written, and looks and feels awful ....

MyBB hands down ... I'd pick it over paid forums even ...

that's like saying you can't expect *nix to be as secure as windows - even tellecommunication companies are headed by the *nix operating systems NOT windows, sure the person who answers the phone is using windows, that's because people are dumb, however linux is far superior to windows and always always will be ...

MyBB hands down ... I'd pick it over paid forums even ...

I agree. MyBB is far more advanced and well written.
I have a VB license, which runs out in February. I will not be renewing it. I will be converting to MyBB.

Phorum.
It's light, the code has been kept very simple, it's not packed with features you will never use.

Get the latest beta.

That is your opinion, and I don't agree. I hated phpBB2, and couldn't stand using it. However, they've come a long way with phpBB3. I'll be using phpBB3 from here on out, and I'd expect it'll be fine a year from now.

Back