• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with source code hiding

Post the source code and I will tell you :biggrin2: , just a note there are methods of doing it but it will affect you badly when it comes to browsers processing the code aswell as search engine problems.

protecting source code is a big task
1 you can do zend your code or

2 there is a software avaliable which need password to open the source code its very power full if you need let me know i can give you ,

3there are some code in html where we can disable right click but its not so much power full we can view the code very easily

i would recommend disabling right clicking. This might not work on some computers which have a right click button on the keyboard i'm not sure.
JS encoders seem fine, depends on the nature of your content and how likely people are to try and hack it.

Robin

MY first question would be WHY? would you want to do this in the first place
there are many ways to retrieve those codes as well.

Compufusion said:
i would recommend disabling right clicking. This might not work on some computers which have a right click button on the keyboard i'm not sure.
JS encoders seem fine, depends on the nature of your content and how likely people are to try and hack it.

Robin

Yes, but it NEVER works in Firefox. Also, You can just go to View > Source from IE's menus at the top.

You will never be able to hide the source code fully.
A browser need to be able to see the source code to show the page.
And whatever you let the browser see, you let the person behide the browser see..

Yes, but it NEVER works in Firefox. Also, You can just go to View > Source from IE's menus at the top.

Actually, this code has always disabled right clicking in Firefox for me.

HTML:
<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right click script III- By Renigade (renigade@mediaone.net)
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</script>

Darthvadersmaster said:
Actually, this code has always disabled right clicking in Firefox for me.

HTML:
<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right click script III- By Renigade (renigade@mediaone.net)
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</script>

What about Firefox and IE's View > Source menu(s) at the top? If you say, "I'll just use frames." Then I'll say, "wrong! Because you can just use one of the pages that comes up in the source (as listed below) and view that instead THEN get the source."

Code:
<frameset cols=2, rows=1>
<!-- Insert Frame 1 Here -->
<!-- Insert Frame 2 Here -->
</frameset>

There's still no avoiding it. PHP outputs the source just as if it were an HTML page... so does ASP and CGI.

JS Doesn't though if you link to a source file. :p

I didn't say it could stop people from viewing the source code, there really is no way to do that, I'm just saying there is a way to disable right clicking in any browser.

Yeah, what could you possibly be doing that would need you to hide source code? Even PHPBB's code isn't hidden

Tree said:
I wondered why people were restating my post. It's been deleted because in it, I "flamed" iyeru.
Err... there's no deleted posts in this thread.

As far as hiding source code, I'm not sure why you'd want to. It seems kind of silly.

The easiest solution would be to use javascript and just encrypt it. Something like HTML Guardian would work for you.

Bruce said:
Err... there's no deleted posts in this thread.

As far as hiding source code, I'm not sure why you'd want to. It seems kind of silly.

The easiest solution would be to use javascript and just encrypt it. Something like HTML Guardian would work for you.
Well I guess it was lost in the DB crash.

Back