• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulReaper

I need a GOOD RELIABLE host that provides the following

100+ MB webspace <-- IMP
10+ GB Bandwidth <-- IMP
5+ subdomains
POP 3 email accounts
NO Setup Fees
Control Panel ( prefreably Cpanel )
Support Forum <-- IMP
Uptime : 99%+
Cost : 5-7 Dollars ( per month ) Discount if per year

Others : FTP access + Logs + Graphical Stats + Full .htaccess support + SSI + email aliases + PHP 4+ , Perl, Personal CGI-BIN + free scripts + MYSQL Databases ( 5 ) PhPmyAdmin , support for Flash,Java etc etc

Site will also be used to host a phpbb2 forum.

I have checked myacen, but they only offer 5 gb bandwidth on their homestead package.
No volcato, cyberwings etc etc <-- Already checked all these and i am not sure whether they will last in the long run.

Another question is Suppose say i register a domain with abc.com and i move to a new host xyz.com , then will i be able to use my old domain name ? will there be any cost involved in transfering the domain name ?

Thank you for ur time
:)

Hi SoulReaper,

I cannot recommend one of our packages for you because you are looking for advice from other users, though what I can say is dont doubt Valcato's future for one second further! - we may be cheap, but it's all within our marketing strategy, our profits have skyrocketed in the last few months and the future has never looked brighter!

Feel free to email me at jerome@valcato.net, call us, or visit the user forums at http://forum.valcato.com/ if you're still unsure :D

~Jerome (Valcato)

BTW dominet.net offers 16gb traffic for $9.95

Cost for 1 gb = $9.95/16 = 0.621875

So , cost for 10 gb = 0.621875 * 10 = 6.2 Dollars (Approx)

Does this mean that dominet.net is a bad host :confused:

P.S. Its vAlcato, not vOlcato......then again its better than the folks that lovingly call us "Volcano Internet Services"

:D

~Jerome

Originally posted by SoulReaper
BTW dominet.net offers 16gb traffic for $9.95

Cost for 1 gb = $9.95/16 = 0.621875

So , cost for 10 gb = 0.621875 * 10 = 6.2 Dollars (Approx)

Does this mean that dominet.net is a bad host :confused:

9.95 only if you PAY PER YEAR...13.95 if you pay monthly. 80% of our customers pay monthly.

only 8% reaches > 12GB mo

anyway, we have a SPECIAL (limited time) 10GB $45/year

webgod2001

Ur standard package costs $20 for 1 year . Now assuming 2 months free , the cost for one month will come to 2 US dollars

How do u expect to make a profit out of this :confused:

Do you provide,
FTP Access
How many subdomains ?
Charge for domain registration ?
PHP 4.1.2 or PHP 4.2.1 ?
CGI-BIN + free scripts ?
JSP support ?
Full .htaccess usage ? And Custom 404 error pages ?

Thank you

Hi SoulReaper,

We work on the theory that having cheaper prices will attract a lot more interest; more people paying a small price will be just as profitable therefore as less people paying a higher price.

In answer to your question:

FTP Access - Yes, we also support annonymous FTP

How many subdomains ? - 10 with the Value Package, 30 with the Starter Package, 50 with Business and 100 with Corporate

Charge for domain registration ? - $10.99 per year

PHP 4.1.2 or PHP 4.2.1 ? - Version 4.2.1

CGI-BIN + free scripts ? - CGI-BIN plus a collection of scripts, also PHP stuff like forum, chat room etc..

JSP support ? - We havent installed this because there was no call for it, if anybody requests it I can have it installed within 12hrs

Full .htaccess usage ? And Custom 404 error pages ? - Full .htaccess, also a web based security manager built in to Cpanel, and custom 404, 403, 500, in fact any error pages you want ;)

I hope this answers your questions :)

~Jerome

Thanks for the reply :)

BTW u could get more customers if u make ur site a little more professional looking :chinese2:

BTW do u proide the starter plan on a monthly basis ? i need to check out for 1 month b4 i register for a year ..

Thank you
Soul

Ooo.. another thing...

How many customers do u have ?
How many servers do u have ?
How many suuport staff ?

HeHe ... The Truth only :)

Originally posted by webgod2001
Hi SoulReaper,

We work on the theory that having cheaper prices will attract a lot more interest; more people paying a small price will be just as profitable therefore as less people paying a higher price.

So really your business is relying on constant signups to keep you operating :confused:

That's the goal for every host. No?
If no one signs up for an account with you, how long are you going to last? :confused:

Robert,

When we first started out, yes that was what kept us going, but now we have recieved enough signups in the last few months to pay our outgoings for the next year three times over, we also have plenty of people paying monthly, and more new signups every day.

SoulReaper,

If you e-mail me at jerome@valcato.net with desired username, password, subdomain I can set you up a free trial account for one month.

We have in excess of 180 clients, one server (though getting another one soon; Duron 1Ghz). Currently we have 7 support staff, all of whom can be contacted either via the user forums, e-mail, helpdesk, MSN, AIM or ICQ.

If you have any more questions, please do let me know!

~Jerome

Im not sure on the site at the moment, the designer won the chance to have his design used as the result of a public vote, but now im getting some people saying that it should look "more professional", hmmmmmmmmm

~Jerome

Do u provide the standard package on a monthly ( or quarterly )basis ? If so please let me know how much it would cost :)
I will have a talk with my father and mite most probably sign up with ya :)

As far as I'm concerned, you aren't allowed to pay on a monthly basis for the Standard package. You can only pay for the Business and Corporate packages on a bi-annually and annually basis. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back