• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HELP: How do you make pictures semi-transparent?

CareBear said:
Why is it so hard for you to accept that it is code? :confused4
If you won't take our word for it, take a look at the site. It should be in an a:hover CSS definition.

LMAO!! Well I guess technically it's not code because technically HTML isn't code it's a markup language but anyway u know what i mean :p

People are agreeing with me here = I'm confused!!! LOL

in macromedia fireworks you can add a mask on an image by
click on the image
then go to layers panel at the bottom you could see a button (circle inside a square) press that then click paint bucket and change fill category to radial then apply..

i know the steps is almost similar in photoshop 7 :classic2:

If you'd actually read the topic you'd realise we were talking about transparent images in a webpage, not making images transparent by themselves.

different solution

i don't know how they have done this on their website, but i know another easy way of it.
someone has already told that any image can be made semi transparent using photoshop. here is more info:

onli gif format can be created as semi transparent. take a new file with transparent background. take a pic on it (which u wanna make semi transp). select areas of pic by magic wand tool and delet (deleted areas will b transparent when it will be exported). export image using "save for web" option in gif format.

*sigh* yes obviously, pics can be made transparent in photoshop but that wasn't my original question.

Back