• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hefter Prision Sentences for Drug Offenders (US)

Originally posted by Giancarlo
unfornately I was born in a foreign country, so all I could do is becoming a senator.

You would be a terrible politician... you refuse to listen to both sides of an arguement and will never admit when you are wrong. You talk about stuff that you don't know enough about (life experience, not textbooks ok?) and have the worst holier-than-thou attitude I've ever seen.

Oh wait, you'd be a perfect politician :D

Originally posted by syd

You would be a terrible politician... you refuse to listen to both sides of an arguement and will never admit when you are wrong. You talk about stuff that you don't know enough about (life experience, not textbooks ok?) and have the worst holier-than-thou attitude I've ever seen.

Oh wait, you'd be a perfect politician :D

Refusing to listen to one side is perfect. Never admitting I am wrong is a good feature for a politican. I know enough about what I talk about especially Economics, since my class I am taking is focusing on real-life examples of it. An bad attitude will earn myself a senator or representative seat. One other primary feature is one of the few: I am uncorruptable. I don't accept bribes, and am very strict against corruption. People want that, and just that stance could get me elected.

No offense Giancarlo, but if you think you are not corruptable, or you know everything there is about economics, or it is good not to listen to the other side and never admit you are wrong, then you are going to be in for a big suprise when you get into a political office.

Power corrupts people. When people can benefit themselves without directly harming themselves, then people tend to do it. Its great if you can continue to be incorruptable if you get into office, however, power has turned good people bad.

I myself would not want to get into politics, for that one reason. I would rather be a political commentator than an actual politicain.

And again, just because you take a class in economics doesn't mean you know everything. I have not taken a single class in economics, but I do know sometihng about economics, but there is still a lot for me to learn.

And trust me. When I look at politicians, I look for people who can admit their mistakes and try to correct them. There is sometihng to be said for honesty in the political process, but the problem is, everyone is corrupted and afraid of hurting their image, so they try to dig there way out, many times get dirtier than previously.

And if you want to truly have a good chance of obtaining an office, you do have to listen to the other side. A far left voter is not going to cast a vote for you, because you don't share his same beliefs. You lose the opposite side of the votes, and you will lose some of the moderate votes. Politics is not all about saying I am right and you are wrong(despite what it is stereotyped to be). Compromising is a large process of the United States government. Soem areas you don't compromise, but in other areas I should.

I think you are mistaken. Where did you learn your politics anyways? In this country, politicans should infact listen to the people, I am a moderate Republican who is classified as being more conserative, however I don't agree with the faith based programs Bush is launching (one of the very few disagreements) and can sympathise with the democrats about it. I do agree with Alaskan Oil Drilling, the Death Penalty, and lesser government. I would never abuse my power. For abortion, I am in the middle, which could help. However, I am now looking into a political job where I am appointed by the President like Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger was a foreigner who was appointed, but I would have to start at a low-level function and work my way up.

One other primary feature is one of the few: I am uncorruptable. I don't accept bribes, and am very strict against corruption. People want that, and just that stance could get me elected.

First off, I am not a he. I am a she.

As for uncorruptable... you are not God. Don't kid yourself into thinking you are untouchable. Reading your little economic books is a world away from the reality of political office.

And there's also something else you are forgetting. Every damn politician says they are uncorruptable. What would they say... "Please vote for me, but oh yeah, I WILL take bribes!". Ha. Saying you are uncorruptable won't mean a thing.

Sorry 'bout that.

Look I am no Clinton, Jesse Jackson or a Condit. I don't have so many scandals they are coming out my armpits. I stay away from scandals because I actually want to be in office. I am looking at Secretary of State for example.

giancarlo, no one is perfect and seeing as your only 17 i would hope you don't have any sex scandles or whatever else in your past, but who knows what might happen say 10-15 years down the road. Everyone has some secrets and makes mistakes even your beloved reagan (ie: selling weapons to iran).

and as for my views on bush, i think hes doing an ok job, but the thing i severaly dislike are his anti-enviromental views. If business shouldn't have restrictions on pollution, then the average citizen should be able to dump used car oil in the sewers and drive cars without having to get an emmisions testing done. whats up with the double standard? oh yeah i forgot, money.

Where did ...[Owen] learn ...[his] politics anyways?

Apparently at his high school in Advanced Placement classes and most likely from debates. Look at his location.

So many :slaap: words :slaap: to say :slaap: so little. :slaap: :slaap: :slaap:

Considering that I'm 15, not alcohol, but just a few too many hard lemonades. :madchrist

He has been that way for some time now. :rolleyes:
Wonder where he means I should put the two other periods?

Back