• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Heck, rate my site.

On a scale of 1-5, what would u rat the site?

Votes: 13 76.5%

Votes: 3 17.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 5.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by cheatpark
ok so his site ain't good but you shouldn't be rude to him. If its his first site then what do you expect. I am inferring that this is his first site. Correct me if I am wrong. I think your site needs a total redesign. If you want advice then I am willing to give you some but then if you aren't going to take it in then what is the point?

He was being rude to me when I was giving my advice.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

He was being rude to me when I was giving my advice.
I think you made your review sound a bit rude too. I know it wasn't intended in that way but it looks like he took it as if it was being rude to him.

I think you made your review sound a bit rude too. I know it wasn't intended in that way but it looks like he took it as if it was being rude to him.

I suggest a complete redesign like you did. :rolleyes:

Maybe it was the vocabulary you used. Things like sloppy and stuff.

WAIT A MINUTE... there is a reason why I revamped my rating system and that is to tell the truth. Sometimes the truth can hurt, but it should be said.

He obviously thinks his site looks great as we all did when we started out, but those images and the text are very hard on the eyes. I hate to think how they look on a larger resolution :eek:

I sometimes wonder why people submit their sites for review. Very few can handle constructive criticism.

I wouldn't let my site site be reviewed here :p But I don't need to, it is popular so I don't need a review to get page hits ;)

WAIT A MINUTE... there is a reason why I revamped my rating system and that is to tell the truth. Sometimes the truth can hurt, but it should be said.

Exactly. The truth hurts. But it's absolutely necessary for people to improve. I use strong language myself, and I don't pay attention to people who retort back at me. When your teacher gives you a D, it's a D. You have to accept it. No matter how much you whine, the D stays a D.

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Exactly. The truth hurts. But it's absolutely necessary for people to improve. I use strong language myself, and I don't pay attention to people who retort back at me. When your teacher gives you a D, it's a D. You have to accept it. No matter how much you whine, the D stays a D.

Mistakes don't become errors if you fix them. That is an old Chinese Proverb I know of... I suggest fix your mistakes before they become errors.

True. I suppose the reason I ask people here to review my site is because it ain't that bad. If I knew it was bad I probably wouldn't ask people to review it.

i think your site is ok for a beginner everyone starts out pretty much not knowing all you need to do is to get a html editor and a image editor and keep making your site and it will only get better
i give your site a beginners rating of 3 out of 5 which is 60% for beginners so it's good your top image nav is kewl you really thought about it when you where doing that but you need to get better at style of the site some pages are really bad.

Originally posted by dscikate
i think your site is ok for a beginner everyone starts out pretty much not knowing all you need to do is to get a html editor and a image editor and keep making your site and it will only get better
i give your site a beginners rating of 3 out of 5 which is 60% for beginners so it's good your top image nav is kewl you really thought about it when you where doing that but you need to get better at style of the site some pages are really bad.
I like that sort of reviewing system. You put someones site into a category and then you give them a score depending on the category they are in.

I probably will readjust my scoring a bit for beginning sites.... but if the site is really poor I won't.
In your reviewing system you should also put the type of category it would be put into. Like beginner site or expert site. Just a suggestion.

Unfortunately, that idea likely won't work. If a professional webmaster designs a site and you group it into the "Beginners" category, you would be insulting them. That would only cause conflicts. I review sites all the same way; it's the USER's job to judge whether that score is good or not for their situation.

I don't think it's fair that this site could get a 70 something (using that "beginner" criteria you guys mentioned), while R K Raja's site, which is 20x better, only gets a 95. I would have to give him a 1400% to make it fair. That's the problem with reviewing sites. :)

no ... that is not the real problem of reviewing sites
some people just can't handle some negative feedbacks
they always say that all their friends and family like it
and they don't care what u have to say about it
in order to improve their site
the younger the person ... the less they could handle
other people's comments

the purpose of a site review is getting comments to improve the site, so what is the point for those people to ask us to review them and don't listen to any ideas?

giving them a false rating such as 70 or 90 just because they are beginner is not right, when they should be 5 or 9
it won't help them either
they would assume their site is awesome and don't need to work much on it

I personally would want someone to review my site as strict as possible, so you could constantly improve the site until it look snicer than the person who's giving the review's site is :D

All this bickering about my site? Geez. Well, like I said, I don't give a **** about what you say. A fellow sprite cartoonist said he liked my menu icons. I know I have to fix the colors. I'll get around to it. I know nedstat is messing up.

Originally posted by NerdWarrior
All this bickering about my site? Geez. Well, like I said, I don't give a **** about what you say. A fellow sprite cartoonist said he liked my menu icons. I know I have to fix the colors. I'll get around to it. I know nedstat is messing up.

Also consider using a different program for graphics. They look messed up and unclear.

Originally posted by R. K. Raja

Also consider using a different program for graphics. They look messed up and unclear.
What would you suggest? I screwed up the first comic, sure. The menu looks fine. So do the cast sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back