• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Headphones

Canuckkev

Doctor Hexagon
NLC
I hate listening to music on the train, because I don't like to disturb other passengers, but in order to hear the music decently, I have to turn up the volume on my headphones.

So, I am looking for some headphones that are sealed, but still retain a decent quality. I would prefer to spend <$100 US...

I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations? Right now, I am thinking about: http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=0020110231 look good?

Strangely enough, I was thinking about headphones the other day on the bus. The bus driver had his music on loud and I couldn't really block it out.

The best thing I could come up wearing ear muffs over my trusty sony heaphones, but considering where I live never gets below 10 degrees celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit), except at night, I would look pretty stupid. So yeah...

I know Sony sell noise reduction ear/heaphones.. they retail here for about $200, and go up to $400...

they reduce sound that escape and background stuff...

I truly believe that anyone who will spend money in the vicinity of $100 on headphones needs their head examined. Don't give me shit about sound quality, I have a $30 pair of headphones that sound spectacular.

I love closed in ear phones. Such better sound. I have bought two pairs of headphones lately. Both for around $50. One pair got kicked into little pieces and the other still works great. You don't need to spend big money.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051826206730&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08350
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806163865&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08350
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806163639&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08350
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384837724&type=product&productCategoryId=cat08350

I wouldn't pay any more than $50 for a set of headphones, its just like sneakers, buy some unbranded ones fors $8, or nikes for $100.

The sound quality will be excellent in all the headphones listed above I can assure you of that, and all will cut out background noise effectively.

Originally posted by pro5ject

I wouldn't pay any more than $50 for a set of headphones, its just like sneakers, buy some unbranded ones fors $8, or nikes for $100.

The sound quality will be excellent in all the headphones listed above I can assure you of that, and all will cut out background noise effectively.

There's a big difference between $8 dollar shoes and $100 dollar shoes.

The higher end shoes will have more padding, support better laternal movement and will be made of quality material (ie. leather).

Nikes carry a lifetime warrenty on their shoes.

Originally posted by Robert
There's a big difference between $8 dollar shoes and $100 dollar shoes.

The higher end shoes will have more padding, support better laternal movement and will be made of quality material (ie. leather).

Nikes carry a lifetime warrenty on their shoes.

yep one's cheap & the other is expensive, lol
but seriously you can get shoes with the same quality of material used, your just paying for the name, nothing else.
& also to lex, yep so true

Originally posted by LeX
You're kidding. They wear out the fastest.

Yes. And if you contact Nike, and you explain to them the situation, they'll replace them. Things such as the air bubble popped, or the bottom of the shoe came off. Obviously, wear and tear isn't covered.

<< Use to work at The Sports Authority Footwear Department.

Originally posted by ThugLifESouLjA
yep one's cheap & the other is expensive, lol
but seriously you can get shoes with the same quality of material used, your just paying for the name, nothing else.
& also to lex, yep so true

The Roll Bar is a feature found mainly in New Balance as well as Nike. It's a great feature and well worth the money.

Now, would I pay $150 for a basketball shoe? No. I'd pay $49.9 for a New Balance 509

Originally posted by Robert
<< Use to work at The Sports Authority Footwear Department.
Oh, right, I recall you mentioning helping OJ Simpson's kid buy sneakers.

So the lifetime warrenty means if you never wear the thing, you can always get a replacement... what if they stopped manufacturing a certain type of sole or air bubble etc. 100 years later? Could you still get a replacement?

Headphones! Argh. I bought a $10 pair of Phillip's in-the-ear (earbud) type kind and they kept falling out. Bought an MP3 player with a similar style...they fall out too. I can't stand headphones that aren't in-the-ear though otherwise I don't get the quality of sound I like (besides the fact that sound leaks more in standard headphones.)
I like the earbud type with the loop that goes over one's ear. You can find them at places like FYE and best buy for around $15. I got a pair of...KOSS maybe? at FYE that were great till the wiring broke from overuse (after 2 years.) Don't remember how much they were but definately <$50.

My headphones are the Sennheiser HD-500. By far my favorite pair of headphones I've owned and they can be bought for under $100.

These headphones will "leak" sound out since they have open air drivers, which I find gives a much purer sound as long you are not in a noisy enviroment. They are also very well-made, with lots of detachable parts. For example, the input cable even detaches; if you step on the cord it will just rip away instead of damaging the headphones.

Very high quality.

Blank Verse, I'm glad you enjoy your $30 headphones. If you are happy with them that's great. I can tell a difference in quality of sound as well as construction though.

I'm no idiot, I can obviously tell the difference in sound quality too, but I really don't think it's justified to spend an extra $70 on headphones with slightly better sound quality. Seriously, the difference in quality is not that substantial.

No one can ever possibly give me a compelling argument on why it's a good idea to spend that much money on headphones. Period. :p

The ones I am still interested in, the Beyerdynamic DT 231 are only $60....

Anyways, I want them because like I said, I don't like being a jackass with my headphones pumped up and everyone on the goddamn train is pissed off at me. So, that is why I was thinking sealed headphones. And that website suggested them as the best inexpensive sealed headphones.

Really, I don't consider $60.00 that much, considering I will use them 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, for....8 months, for at least another 3 years.

That's: 2x5x8x30.5x3=7,320 hours of my life (if I can calculate correctly), that I don't want wasted on poor heaphones.

Plus, I've got money coming out of my ears right now...

Maybe just to spite Blank Verse, I will buy these: http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=0020080650

The HD-650s are really good headphones, but there's almost no difference between them, HD-570s, and the HD-600s.

Also, it'll be a waste to use them on a portable audio device like a CD player..

Back