• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Harry Potter Anyone?

utcrazy

Wo ist mein handy
NLC
Hey FWS,

Anyone else seen Harry Potter yet? I saw it this morning at 12:01AM at the local Galaxy Cinemas in digital projection. What an amazing movie, I think people are quick to judge them and point out every flaw, but I thought it was just excellent. I'd don't think I'd make a very good critic. We had to wait from 10PM Tuesday until about 11:40 in line to get in. Aside from that, I bought the tickets as soon as they had them on Monday, and they were sold out shortly after that.

Plus, they searched every persons bag and told everyone "No cell phones that can take pictures" so when they asked if I had anything in my pockets, I proudly proclaimed that I had a cell phone, but it can't take pictures. Nope, can't take that in, Damn, quickly scrambles for a locker to put it in. Let me say for the record that searching everyone for camera's is not going to stop piracy, not by a long shot.

That's my Harry Potter story, anyone else go to the Midnight showing at your local cinema? Any interesting stories? By the way, digital projection is so amazing, very clear, I hardly ever get the chance to watch movies on digital projection in the theatres.

Chow

I've seen all the Harry Potter movies, but never really liked them. The acting isn't very good (from the main characters) and it's turned into more of a teen pop frenzy than a serious movie.

The books are good though.

I saw it this morning at 12:01 also. Didn't go through any searching or anything though.

It was a decent movie. The beginning and the end were great. The middle... not so much.

They wouldn't let you bring anything that took pictures in? What the hell? My theater has never done that.

Well, in my case, even things that didn't take pictures. I think because it was the first show they felt they had to be quite fanatical about it. Again, I think people are quite critical about everything with the movies just because they expect it to be word for word like the book, and that's impossible. I think the acting was good, everyone's getting better.

Yes, yes it is ;)

A RIP made it from the first showing. I have been online for a few days.

I would like to watch it but don't have the time any time soon.

I've read all the books so far and they're quite good, IMO. The movies skip a lot of details that the book includes. It's a necessary thing to keep the movies at a reasonable length.

I was planning on just skipping right to the DVD for this one. But seeing how some people are saying its better than last one, I think I might give it a shot after all.

I think you'll find that the dozens of copies of Harry Potter that are on bit torrent, are all fake. I do recommend you see it in theatres. It's a fantastic movie. A few of the lead actors were on Lettermen and Conan yesterday, hilarious interviews.

I think you'll find that the dozens of copies of Harry Potter that are on bit torrent, are all fake. I do recommend you see it in theatres. It's a fantastic movie. A few of the lead actors were on Lettermen and Conan yesterday, hilarious interviews.
And how is it that you know this? Have you downloaded every Harry Potter OOTP torrent out there and checked? Doubtful.

I look at the comments buddy, don't jump to conclusions. I have no need for a copy of the film, I saw it, I am just trying to discourage the idea that every movie is pirated the day it comes out.

I am just trying to discourage the idea that every movie is pirated the day it comes out.

But they are, it's a fact not an idea ......

I personally think if a film is good enough for you to wait a silly amount of hours to steal it then you might aswell get your lazy --- down to the local 6 screen and pay a few quid to see it......

I'm not sure about Harry Potter, I'm not sure if it's good or not, I read the first book years ago and have seen the films that have come out since, but it's like someone said - because the majority of the main characters are children it feels sort of juvenile.....you can't fault the story lines and if the actors had another 5-10 years experience they would all be amazing films I'm quite sure.

I look at the comments buddy, don't jump to conclusions. I have no need for a copy of the film, I saw it, I am just trying to discourage the idea that every movie is pirated the day it comes out.

I can confirm that this is on the internet available to download and stream as a pirate copy. It isn't a bit torrent file or anything at rapidshare, it's definetly a legit pirate which is being hosted on "Divx Stage 6" which is owned by Divx but they have very poor copyright checking.

I'm going to go to the cinema to see instead because "It's The Experience That Counts" as they say in the adverts before the screening.

Back