• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Growing Vegetables

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
Seems an Admin had gone on a pruning frenzy and deleted my previous topic! :eek:

Anyways, I've started planting things this week. I had tilled the area about 10 times... it still isn't perfect soil that you see on commercial farms where all you see is dirt. In some ways I think it's better I have it like this because in those situations the farmer destroyed a lot of structure the worms made thus the farmer will most likely have flooding during the year from a lot of rain and poor drainage.

I'm seeing how bad it will get for me for weeds... I will keep on top of it and not let it get out of control.

Anyways I started 36 Onions inside, 20ish outside to see which one performs better. I also have Arugula and Kale inside and outside and a lot of Radish planted. I still have to get some Garlic and plant that at the end of September a few weeks before our first frost. The Garlic/Onion won't be ready until July or something like that.

My forgotten garden.
So much been going on I had forgotten about it.
mmm....
Yeah I will be planting too soon, summer crops.
Dont know what :S

Good luck with yours.

The only crop I've ever grown were apples on farmville, and they got stolen before I cou-- no wait, I don't play farmville. I don't even use facebook. :sadpanda:

Oh well.

My indoor planted onions are coming along. I have Arugula and Kale I planted both indoors and out. The ones indoors are obviously doing better. Some dumb bug ate a few leaves on two of my outside Kale plants... but I planted a bunch like 30 or so outside. :lol:

The Radish are coming along and I can't wait for the first harvest :)

I'm also planting Carrots/Peas next week and the Garlic will be planted along with my inside planted Onions at the end of September.

A bunch of soil was dug so a truck can lay gravel to pave a new bit of a driveway for some reno we're doing. The tractor is out there laying about 1' of soil all around the areas I have not planted yet. This will be awesome for my potatoes, Pumpkin, Broccoli etc.!

Also, I looked and saw all the oats germinating! I bought an $8 bag of oats to spread over 300 square feet to mulch over winter and protect from weeds. I hope they can grow through that soil :)

Fall rye also makes an excellent fallow crop. Very similar to oats.

I love this time of year. All my favourite fruit and veggies are peaking. 0lbs of tree ripend peaches for $12. YUM

Back