• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Great host with really cheap price of only $15/year, BUT....

uahhh...:p I really don't like the lady on the first page.... why does all "proffessional hosts" look so boring... that's a question..

great you changed that...
BUT I think every new host should make more research work and have enough knowledge to get a host!
cause it sucks when hosts change their policy.
and i bet there are many hosts closed down, cause they cannot make profit...

unlimeted space is still a reason, why i wouldn't go with that host! (even it's stated in the faq or rules...)

user forum is a great idea....
and the design is ok. like the lady hehe

greetings arno

On my opinion, most people go with an UNLIMITED host because of the UNLIMITED bandwidth they are providing. As you changed it to 15GB, why don't you change the disk space to 500MB or something like that? I don't think that it's really a matter for your potential UNLIMITED customers.

I think Donovan is right. You should change your hosting plan to 500 MB limit to make it sound more credible.

You should consider. It can let people think that you are reliable and have a good image for you. And you won't be listed in the UNLIMITED SCAM HOST LIST anymore.

You said that you had 50 customers signed up at $15 per year
that is only $62.50 per month. How can you operate at that amount?

I would be very careful cutting your services that low being a reseller.

Unless you are rich and have tons of money to give away.

I allready have a paid host, but this one has my likes. So if directoris closes down, you will have the pleasure of hosting me. I agree, change the 'ulimited to 500megs or even 1gb. Unlimited sounds like 50megs.

The service they are using to provide THIS service is cheap. Im not sure how either of them can make anything off of it either. Financial backing maybe? Bad! The internet is full of people that have not clue what they are doing. Fortunatly most have realised that already through bankruptsy etc. More room for us :)

Originally posted by ljprevo

I would be very careful cutting your services that low being a reseller.

Unless you are rich and have tons of money to give away.

Originally posted by ljprevo

Gordon posted a nice post about the costs of running a server. Even at 200 accounts @ $15/yr. the total only comes to $250, which is barely enough for a decent lease.

I wouldn't judge but, when I checked out the site, that's the only plan you offer. The specs are so high (granted you lowered the transfer), that there is nothing to upgrade them to. So $15/yr. is the top, which just probably won't be enough when you go dedicated.

I'd like to see your long term business plan.

If they're a donhost reseller (witch they are) the are OK. That's also the reason why they provide unlimited space, donhodt does!

Now the bandwidth is changed to 10 gigs. Hmmm. I wouldn't trust a host that keeps changing the limits on your account. Which it also a reason for hosts to have more than one plan. If somebody gets a plan for say 500mb/2gig, and that is the only one, then they know that if anything gives, it willl be thier account, because all are the same. If they have the second or third highest account, then they know that things will be taken away from the ones below them first, if it comes to that.

Does that make any sense?

bigperm:

It's not taken away from current customers, so what is the problem? So if nobodys downgrading the service you bought what is wrong with changing plans?

We've changed the bandwidth to 10 GIG/month.
This does not apply to current customers.

This is our final plan.

took a look at the details of the reseller plan at:
http://www.donhost.net

~50GB monthly transfer
Additional 1GB Data Transfer: £15.00 Monthly

with 50 customers @10GB/m you would need 500GB
(even if they use just 5GB it's also already 250GB)

don't know much else about donhost... unlimited space is just for the reseller plan... other plans are limeted on e.g. 100mb

business plan and long term is important... unless you wanna help the internet stay alive and do something for the comunity...

Back