• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Search - Did you mean: XXXX

Psan

Whenever someone searches for my site they get this Did you mean: xxxx thing on top. I'm wondering how google picks if they say that or not. Once the site gets a number of searchs will they put that gay thing away???

Whenever very few results come up for a keyword and a slight change in the spelling produces much more results, google will ask you if you meant to type the keyword that produces more results because it will assume there's a chance you mispelled what you were looking for.

The only way to get rid of it then would be create so many pages that Jconserv produces more results than Conserv. Good luck with that if that's your plan.

Fear not!
xxxx.gif
is just a harmless Queensland Beer.

Last edited:
I get some rather strange traffic from the various search engines (odd since none of the content on my site involves what these people were searching for). Some examples from a recent logfile:

Google: meaning of muah?
Google: cartoon word by orang
Google: places where you can raise happy young chicken
Google: TOGA PARTY NIPPLE SLIPS
Yahoo: well endowed stories
Google: endowed comics

We've had even weirder search strings in the past

Back