• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Chrome OS~New Google Operating System!

Meh, reading that, it just means its a linux OS. Oh wow, and you have to stay connected to the web to use the Google Apps that would be on it.

Ah. But then again, without internet, what's computer?
It's a computer. Doesn't need the internet. I lasted for almost 6 years without a single internet connection.
Also, why is it always to rival Microsoft? It's Linux based so it'll be affecting the likes of Ubuntu.

Hello,

Thats kinda how I looked at it as well I dont think Microsoft really will ever have competition in the OS market. They have a unique system thats widely known.

No other company will be able to come up with an OS with interface that will get support. To many issues and patents.

Linux is just different flavours/styles that all use an open source concept.

Honestly, I think if Google were to come up with an OS that wasn't on a linux platform, it'd be able to compete... but as mentioned, with the patents and the legal issues, It'd be a pain.

What do you do on it then? Code scripts?
Yes, pretty much. Back then I wasn't into online gaming (On my computer, Dreamcast...yes), downloading etc. But now that I am, I can't live without a internet connection with my computer. Not saying you CAN use a computer 100% without the internet but you can when you never had it before.

Which is why no one is using it. If you don't set it to a full-time development basis, getting investors, there really isn't a point in trying to break into the OS market the way they are.

Are people still forgetting about ReactOS?

Sure, it may be Alpha, but still.

It's because ReactOS is rubbish and made from a shoddy version of 98 :lol: :lol:

Personally, me being the Mac fanboy I am, think that this OS won't have a chance, I mean, Mac/Windows are the leading OS's, with obviously Windows being the most used, but Mac showing to be the most elegent/people's choice...

I'll have to see it to believe it's good.

The concept of cloud is honestly an interesting concept... I think it may very well be the future of computing. We also need to remember that this new OS is designed for netbooks so it will be assumed to have a near constant internet connection.

The only thing I'm really worried about is Microsoft Office, that and the obvious one that is privacy. Google isn't trying to compete with Microsoft. Google is trying to Change Microsoft by changing the entire way we look at computers. It would also alleviate the problem with viruses. Unfortunately... I believe identity theft will be on the rise thanks to this.

The next five years should be extremely interesting indeed and what a way to get ahead by creating an entire new path for everyone to follow, through this Google will get the lead... Clever, if you can't beat them Create an entire new game!

Back