• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Google Ads Question

Manny8053

What happens if you are a member of google ads & you have reach the min amount to be pay which is 100.but you havent enter a SS# will u still be pay ?

I believe it depends on which country you're from, as obviously SS# is for US residents. Their FAQ would have more info.

I thought it was required just to sign up if your a US resident. I have an account and I've received about 4 checks from them now. I guess they need the SS# for their own tax reasons but they don't actually take taxes out of your check. At least not on mine

They will not send you a check until you have entered your SSN# they will hold payment till you provide them with it.

just enter ur SSN#. even id you dont do the right thing and dont pay taxes on it, i dont think the IRS would waste their time on $100. but you never know,

pdrucker said:
just enter ur SSN#. even id you dont do the right thing and dont pay taxes on it, i dont think the IRS would waste their time on $100. but you never know,
HAHA, I did 5 years as an IRS Agent. They'll wait 6.5 years on that $100, and it will cost you thousands... trust me, file a W-9 Form and pay the $15 in taxes from the $100.

hottweelz said:
Who are you kidding?! You are required to pay taxes on $1.

You are absolutely 100% wrong. If your total income through out a year is less than $10,000 you will not end up paying a dime on taxes. I know this as fact. Look it up and prove me wrong but I know I am right on this

LOL You look it up, I'm a retired Internal Revenue Agent.

I think you are misunderstanding the Laws. Not required to file, but required to pay. You MUST pay... let's say you are single, and your parents claim you... you earned 9900 USD in one year...

You are due to pay $1485 in taxes...
You file your 1040 Form... Receive your Single $4750 Deduction.
You were only supposed to pay $745

But since you're thinking is you don't have to pay anything...

This made up person now owes the IRS $745. Plus interest and Fees.

Please research Pub 17 from http://irs.gov if you are going to give Tax Advice.

Last edited:
No. no company can do that without a consented "Background Check" signed by you. Not Google or anyone. You provide them a SS# and they report to the IRS based on that SS# ...

In my country I only have to pay taxes if I earn over 4 thousand and something. If I don't earn over that then I don't have to pay. But I still have to pay other things like stamp/national insurance.

Back