• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Good host.

I used to visit a site which was hosted here. They never had any ads. Wonder if it's still the same? :confused:

Warez is a part of every web host. Just today I got about 5 gigs bandwidth wasted by someone putting up a game. piss's me off alot but hopefully in a week or so I will have enough modules in place to keep warez sites off the server without affecting other clients.

Yeah, warez seems to infiltrate everything nowadays, the best thing to do is just not allow any sort of zip or tar file or anything like that.

txt files now...that's insane...I don't know, I'm a little naive about running a web host, how do you protect yourself from that?

I have 4 different trackers on my server. But unfortunatly I sleep 8 hours a day and am in collage class's without internet a few hours to. So some warez site catch's me while i sleep and I lose out a bit. Basicly If its taking space/bandwidth i catch it in 5 mins. Once i get mod_rewrite/throttle/bandwidth running this week i shouldnt have a problem. Still just getting them setup now. Trouble is in 5 - 6 hours a warez file can suck serious bandwidth.

Originally posted by Cracker
Unfortunately, it's because of warez that many free hosts have shut down.

I think the FBI is starting to monitor the internet more closely and they say a new security system will be established soon. People who disturbute warez should be jailed.

HOT.EE has just 10 Megs

I just signed up and tried to navigate in Estonian.
So the file manager page says "0 of 10 Megs"...
And I can't connect to their FTP either...

JF

full version software on the web that has to be paid for but isn't kinda.... PIRATED SOFTWARE..

Back