• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

GoDaddy

Zero4749

I was thinking of getting an hosting account with GoDaddy. I really like their plans only thing I need to know if their support is good. Their plan seems to be cheap and they offer a lot of webspace. I'm trying to decide of which plans to pick.

What I'm trying to make is a Unreal Tournament gaming site since UT 3 is being released later on. The site will also contain some UT gaming Modifications and gaming maps.

I'm thinking of choosing between their Economy plan and their Deluxe Plan but I don't know which plan to really choose.

They do what is known as overselling in this industry. Say you have 150 apples, but you think saly, who is really a 5000 lb fat man, can only eat 100. So you sell 200 to saly and you sell 200 to paul. You think paul can only eat 50 apples, so if they eat what you thought they could eat, you are in the clear, otherwise, you need to find 150 more apples. Go daddy has 5 apples, but they possibly sell 500 apples.
Get the point?

They do what is known as overselling in this industry. Say you have 150 apples, but you think saly, who is really a 5000 lb fat man, can only eat 100. So you sell 200 to saly and you sell 200 to paul. You think paul can only eat 50 apples, so if they eat what you thought they could eat, you are in the clear, otherwise, you need to find 150 more apples. Go daddy has 5 apples, but they possibly sell 500 apples.
Get the point?

I think this a good explanation about OVERSELL..:beer:

I was thinking of getting an hosting account with GoDaddy. I really like their plans only thing I need to know if their support is good. Their plan seems to be cheap and they offer a lot of webspace. I'm trying to decide of which plans to pick.

What I'm trying to make is a Unreal Tournament gaming site since UT 3 is being released later on. The site will also contain some UT gaming Modifications and gaming maps.

I'm thinking of choosing between their Economy plan and their Deluxe Plan but I don't know which plan to really choose.

Stay well away. Their support is horrible, their control panel is horrible (I mean come on, who wants to wait 30 minutes for a mySQL database to be created? :S) and they oversell.

You will regret it before the month is up if you do.

Hi,

I would also say don't do it - rather use companies for what they were designed for, in this case registering domains. Use a web host for web hosting seperately.

oh thanks I understand now. I've been looking around for a decent host that has been around for a while now.

I like the support for godaddy's domains. I don't know how it is with there hosting though. A friend of mine has gotten a reseller from them and i had an account with him and it was good. Good uptime and It had cpanel and all.

I have a domain with them.. When I needed help I called up and it took less than 15mins to solve the problem that I was having.

I think that I should wait up and use free hosting until I get a decent amount of members that I can later on buy hosting.

Last edited:
Please note that you cannot compare GoDaddy's domain services with their hosting services.

Avoid GoDaddy. They'll kick you off their server if you use too much disk space or traffic. They sell what they don't have.

To be honest, I've had several Web design clients who insist on using GoDaddy's service, and it's actually been very stable the whole time. The only think I don't like is their control panel - it sucks. But the service seems to be about average.

I would recommend maybe giving them a try - it wouldn't hurt. If it didn't work out, you could always switch before the site grew too big. :)

Good luck. :)

you know what, they might oversell, but, I never had a problem with this when i used them before, and they have great 24/7 support. but, i will host ou for less. :p

you know what, they might oversell, but, I never had a problem with this when i used them before, and they have great 24/7 support. but, i will host ou for less. :p

I've heard from 4 different people that they got kicked off their servers. :) That's not really a good way to do business, even if the small clients are satisfied.

Godaddy takes a lot of criticisms but they have some good points about them too..

Such as... ? :)

Godaddy is good for domains and not for hosting!

What I have heard from here and digitalpoint is that their hosting is horrible when compared to their domains!

their hosting is sux man!
their cpanel is total crap!
i just helped my fren to setup a website using their hosting(i dun understand y he choose godaddy), and guess wat? i asked him to do it himself after a few days coz using their cpanel is a waste of time.

and my fren also decided to switch to another hosting.

Back