• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Give me advice here! Which board???

YaBB is definitely a resource hog. Ikonboard has been banned by many webpage providers for some reason I'm not sure of. I think it has something to do with the way files are stored.

Anyway, all of the above suck! :) Especially YaBB and Net.Polemics! I recently saw this great message board script, but it was in Chinese. I don't think any of you would want that, would you?

Originally posted by Infection
Ikonboard's the best, no doubt 'bout it.

The recent release of v 3.0.1 shows what Jarvis Entertainment Group is...A PLAGIARIST! They are one of the last to turn to the true vBulletin style layout. Their old layout was at least average, but now they have nothing special about them. I strongly GO AGAINST Ikonboard. It has tons of bugs and it will cause you NIGHTMARES forever and ever. In a way, it is a resource hog (not as much as YaBB or UBB though), and I've heard that the posts take up a lot of space.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Really? There are THOUSANDS of bugs in some of the Ikonboards I go to...And they're all from the latest version.
Then you might want to try and post the "bugs" you see in he support forum. And, I said all known bugs. Some are not known yet.

Originally posted by Infection
Then you might want to try and post the "bugs" you see in he support forum. And, I said all known bugs. Some are not known yet.

There are too many! I can't post them all! :D

Originally posted by conkermaniac

Yours doesn't have any customization on it.
yeah i know, im just showing him/her what it would like like when you first install it, cause if they are looking for a board they probably wont know how to customize it, so whats the point of showing them one that is customized, this way they know what they are installing and how it will show up.

Cmon ppls. Haven't you seen PHPBB2 yet? It looks great! Of course it's still in RC (RC-2 released yesterday), but it's working great so far on my test server.

Go to http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB2/ and see this thing in action!

Ikonboard is not bugless, in fact it is FAR FROM IT, there are MANY bugs that have not been fixed (on iB 3). It's also still a BIG resource hog, although not as much as YaBB.

OpenBB seems good, but I am still testing it and I don't have much experience with it so I'm probably not going to use it for my main site yet.

PHPBB2 isn't that great, at least from what I've seen in other people's boards. The main reason I dislike phpBB is because they aren't even decent enough to secure a host that everyone can access. I can't access their support forums, so what would be the point of getting their script?

Back