• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Girls, girls and more girls

WiggyUK

How much is your PC/Laptop worth?

Hey,

How much does your computer cost eh? Suprisingly mine cost £3456. :)

Last edited:
I love customizing computers. I do it for others too. You get better performace and price out of it when you customize your own computer rather than buying it from alienware or other sort companies. Usually all my custom computers cost below $1500-$2000 USD.

My last 3 computers were all under $700 and I just ordered a laptop for $1675.

Its cheaper to order a computer from cyberpowersystem.com than it is to customize it yourself and build it.

The most expensive types of computers are designer "boutique" systems like AlienWare, and even though its not a tiny botique computer Sony is also way overpriced. On a typical Sony you pay about ~25%+ extra than you would with another company for similar specs just because they put the name "Sony" on your computer. (That goes for all Sony products including TVs, Cameras, etc.)

The mid-range type of PC is I guess whatever you buy retail like HP, Compaq, Dell, etc.

I think any computer is great if you know how to keep it. That means not installing a bunch of crap just the essentials that you need to get your work done and maybe a few games. Definitley NO file sharing of any kind. For MP3's install Listen.com's Rhapsody service.

That along with an anti-virus program and Spyware Blaster regularly updated would be enough to keep a good configuration working for a long time without needing to format or having any problems.

But no matter what computer you've got I think the best way to get a good start on a good configuration is to install a fresh copy of Windows not the bundled version and keep track of what should be on your system. A clean computer is a fast computer.

Last edited:
LeX said:
That was the only reason I came in...
QFT

Though to continue with the off-topicness of the thread, I paid about $350 for the parts a couple years ago (not including monitor/mouse/keybaord/sound system). It's probably worth half that now.

Cost me $150. Rents paid like $400. Two or three years ago, custom built.

Im not that big into computers anymore, or I'd have added more than a CD burner and a GeForce4 video card since then. All my money's tied up in skating. Speaking of money, I need a job.... :confused4

Last edited:
1.5ghz celeron M laptop $1740
Laptop 550mhz 2nd hand $400
desktop 2.4ghz bout $1200
850mhs $80
350mhs free

all Australian $

:p the title works everytime

:rolleyes2 it wasnt me though

oh yea when i was talking about my computer; i built that also, and a kick --- case that has neon lights inside and when you press this button it changes colour :biggrin2:

Back