• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Galaxy-Hosts <

Hey Galaxy-Hosts.com is down does this usually happen do they have good uptime i am a new customer and its already been down :( Just wondering as i heard that Galaxy Solution provide great and uptime service

Yeah down for me aswell, I cant seem to recall any downtimes galaxy hosts have had since i registered on this forum.

Good company, just stick in there and wait a reply from a staff there ;)

Galaxy Solutions are a reputable company. Their uptime is excellent. Just bad timing really. :)
Hang in there. It'll be sorted before you know it. ;)

I agree kind of pissed though cause i had a problem and they didn't fix it in the time they said they will and now another problem arose but i know they are a really good company prob they just having a bad day which every host haves,

I called the 800 support number that I found for them at webhostingstuff or something for them last nite at 2am and was told that it would be back up within one hour. Reason given was that they installed some new software and it didn't work out so they had to downgrade and recompile apache. Sad to say that was over 7 hours ago and prior to that my sites were down for almost 2 hours. The hour before that, all my sites were giving the cpanel page that says apache is now working.

Here is the support number if you want to contact them:
Tech Helpline: 888-751-0100

The numbers listed under the owner's names on their profiles here says one is disconnected and the other is a wrong number I was told when I called it.

Last edited:
OMG i might be the cause of this sadly i think i am not sure. When i was installing iPanel i couldent add a server to iPanel i contact iHostDev (Ryan) and he told me this problem

Warning: stream_select() [function.stream-select]: You MUST recompile PHP with a larger value of FD_SETSIZE. It is set to 1024, but you have descriptors numbered at least as high as 2504. --enable-fd-setsize=3072 is recommended, but you may want to set it to equal the maximum number of open files supported by your system, in order to avoid seeing this error again at a later date. in /home/irootweb/public_html/order/diagnostics/testcpanel.php on line 146

SSL supported Failed
PHP OpenSSL extension not installed, SSL connectivity will be unavailable
Socket functions available OK
Testing plaintext connection to CPanel server (sERVER NAME) on port 2086 OK
Testing plaintext socket write OK
Testing plaintext socket read Failed
Timed out reading socket

So Richard told me he"ll update apache or something like that. God i hope this is all not because of me.

OMG i might be the cause of this sadly i think i am not sure. When i was installing iPanel i couldent add a server to iPanel i contact iHostDev (Ryan) and he told me this problem

So Richard told me he"ll update apache or something like that. God i hope this is all not because of me.

So tis you I must blame?? LOL Just joking. I don't think it was your fault. They said they were just installing some software and it didn't work out so they had to rollback and recompile apache but it seems they haven't gotten it sorted yet. I may call them when I get a free min.

We are having a problem with apache on our main server (s01.galaxy-hosts.com). Clients on all others servers are not affected by this. It seems to be something caused by the easy apache software in cpanel. As of this morning cPanel's techs have been working with us on getting this back up. If it is not up soon we will be setting up another server and moving all accounts to it. We will also be moving the IPs so the clients should not need to change anything as far as nameservers or IPs used for their custom nameservers.

lol there isn't a single host I know of that has more than a 100 customers that hasn't had problems. It happens - the best the host can do is prepare as it sounds like Galaxy has done.

My site has been down almost everyday for the last week (specifically the 12th, 17th, 20th, 21st, and the 22nd). i submitted a trouble ticket over 24 hrs ago inquiring about the frequent downtime and still haven't received a response. overall uptime for the week according to host tracker is 83.59% using the get method and 72.02% using the head method. the galaxy-hosts.com site doesn't even load. i called the tech support number and only was asked to leave a message.

Hi, whats wrong? I can't access my site.... this has been a really bad week. I finally had some free time to work on my site and the host has been down :(.

Hi, whats wrong? I can't access my site.... this has been a really bad week. I finally had some free time to work on my site and the host has been down :(.

don't know. i can't contact ANYONE. i'm thinking of looking elsewhere but i just paid my renewal. i am off the next three days and wanted to work on several sites but i can't access a thing.

Back