• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

freewebs

Riverworld

What can you tell me about them?

A friend of mine is using them, though I thought I read somewhere its not good to use them due to a particular reason.

I just wanted to clarify what they are like before I advise my friend.

Thanks

I have tried them before. They are completley right about no ads and everything. But I only tested them because It agrivated me that they did not have a multiple file uploader for free. They only had one file at a time. So I don't like them only because of that and I don't suggest you use them.

Well, I have used them, this was before I heard of any others, but I woundn't recommend them either, due to the same reason. But you should just test them out, it only take a few seconds to sign up. I suppose if you don't need FTP the use them, I think there is a 100mb limit on space, but another bad thing is you are only allowed to host 50 files on each account.

I use em. There is an easy way of getting around the 'one at a time' system, and that's to zip everything as you want it to appear, send it off, and extract it on the server

Works great for www.zerooptions.tk

Freewebs is not bad for a small website.
If you download bigger files, the speed is very slow. :cry2:
And you can upload rm. files. :)

http://www.SHEPAN.tk

Last edited:
I used to use them....but as far as I knew, I didn't know that you could unzip the file online there......

For the websites that I have made for friends/family etc., I just told em to host it on there - it's just easier and free.....

Although I'm not entirely sure whether the no ads rule is totally correct, as when you scroll down, it says something about putting a text link saying 'hosted by freewebs.com' or something - although I haven't....

Back