• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting & help needed

Calhills

Hello, I am seeking free hosting and I also need help understanding of how and what to do, I am a newbee and do not even understand the lingo that you all use here so someone to walk me through would be great.
I do not know how much "band with" I need or how many GB's and so on. Here is what I want to do:

I want to start a "bulliten board" for my community of over 300 families. Of course the board will welcome anyone outside the community who wants to join, we live on an island of over 2 million people. I want people to be able to post and respond to items for sale and looking to buy, to post a home business or offer a service, offering/seeking employment, be able to attach photos to the post. Post notice's and announcements and many more but too many to think of right now, you get the idea, something not too different but not as big as "craigslist" or this very site. It has been suggested to use mysql but I admit I have no idea what mysql is, it has also been suggested I sign up with "servebyte" but when I tried it required an access code and I didnt know where to get one.

Is there anyone willing to take this on, I hope Im not asking for too much, Im sure once we get started I will all become second hat to me as Im am quick to pick things up.

Please get back to me soon. :beer:

Hi.
What country are you in and what language will your site be using?
I may be willing to assist you in this. Not sure yet though.

When you get hosting, let me know and I can install the forum and configure for you if you need any help Calhills.

Hi Calhills. JotHost.com has the perfect plan to get you started.

JotHost Quartz
500 MB
5 GB
Unlimited Features

Just visit JotHost.com and request it.

There's an extremely active community there to help you out with getting started.

I'm not sure how much space you'd need, but here's an offer:

Standard

Disk Space: 250MB
Bandwidth: 3GB
FTP Accounts: 5
Email Accounts: 5
Email Lists: 5
Databases: 5
Sub Domains: 5
Parked Domains: 5
Add-on Domains: 5

Cost: 5 Posts Per Month
More Info

You can also check our site for more packages: Glacier Host.

G-Net Free Hosting

300MB Storage Space
10GB Bandwidth
5 MySQL Databases
5 Add On Domain
5 Sub Domain
Automatic Script Installer (Fantastico)
Php MyAdmin

No Posting Required
Upgrades Available
$12/year To remove ads banner and enable PHP sendmail

Signup Here
G-Net Hosting

I can give you as much storage and bandwidth as you need. Just let me know when you run out and I can increase it.

I'm in the process of setting my site up for newbies, to help guide them along. We have a growing collection of tutorials to help you, and I can answer any questions you have by email. You can let me know the confusions you face, or you can post them on our forum to see if anyone else know the answer.

My server comes with Fantastico - which makes it incredibly easy to install forums and other content with a simple click of the mouse.

If you're ever stuck I'll be glad to help you.

Back