• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free gas

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
almost :p

http://www.mdi.lu/index.php?newlang=eng
try with babelfish, for soem reason only the menus are in english

The official website of the compressed-air driven car.
Filling it up with air takes 5 minutes and it can drive about 10 hours in the city on one charge.

not bad at all eh?

Just scrap that smart-like design and replace it with some sexy 2 place coupe or mid sized sedan and such car would sell like hot cupcakes :p

plus 0 polution and extremely economical, no running costs except maintenance.
And they have plans to make buses version too, free public city transit.

and no more oil wars :p eh Bush

If only someone would invest in those little guys...

the engine can be coupled together to form any 2, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder combinations to attain different power combinations. I didnt find any speed specs on that site yet..

edit:

The top speed is 110-160 kmh depending on the engine (70-100mph).

it can do 150-200km (90-120miles) on a single air-refill.
not bad, but good for home->school->home or home->grocery->home only.

It would be interesting if it had 2 air reservoirs. One that it currently uses and the second that it fills-up as the engine is running. At idling perhaps? Some sort of ballence that makes it self-efficiant and never runs out of air.

Oh what a perfect world it would be

:biggrin2:

Last edited:
That's awesome!
I'd invest, but I already invested my portfolio in soy this year! :p

Nah, seriously Let's hope they make it big time!
No pollution, sounds great to me!

Yeah, definitely better than burning alcohol since that still produces the same kind of pollution as any combustion reaction. :biggrin2:

Wojtek said:
It would be interesting if it had 2 air reservoirs. One that it currently uses and the second that it fills-up as the engine is running. At idling perhaps? Some sort of ballence that makes it self-efficiant and never runs out of air.

A battery and small electric air pump would be all thats needed really.

I doubt a battery/small electric pump will be efficiant enough to store air at 300bars (4351psi)

http://www.mdi.lu/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=35&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

look at the map on the bottom,
colored countries represent countries in which some investors have bought the royalties to produce/sell cars ran on this technology.

Anyone wants to lend me 30 milions so I can start in Canada :p

x-click-but04.gif

Last edited:
I think it'd be better for Australia to join the other countries in the Kyoto Protocol, then try and convert the men in Australia who want to maintain their machismo image to using 'faggy/gay' cars that save the ENVIROMENT (N not included!)

Well tandoc, australia is 80% outbacks so you dont make lots of polution :p
heck, west aussie has 7 cities codes, only 7 :p

Those designs are good for europe only where the Smart cars are a rage.

As I said, If I run CatCanada (sounds good eh, first step done :biggrin2: ), I will produce various designs to fit the mindset here. No squashed 2m long cars, but some sleek 4m roadster/coupe and sedan versions :) They could share the same chassis to save on production costs and to standardize maintenance.

1+2 design would be sexy, 1driver front / 2passenegers back

:drool:
But its only just a dream :(

Wojtek said:
Well tandoc, australia is 80% outbacks so you dont make lots of polution :p
heck, west aussie has 7 cities codes, only 7 :p

And yet Australia is pretty high up on those pollution lists....

You sure it's not also industry? Industry is notorious for using up resources and creating tons of waste products.

As long as its not combustion, it's a lot more friendly to the environment. ADM is looking down the wrong road by trying to develop that corn-based fuel.

but ultimately the burning of fossil fuels will come into the equation; ie. burning oil for electricity... it may use less, but its still consuming oil...

Here in Quebec we make 100% of our electricity with water,
Theres other means that just burning tandoc :)

Back