• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We offer free domain names

Originally posted by 1stPlace
Hi,

I run an incentive site that offers free top-level domain name registration and no-ad hosting. No credit card or checking account is required.

The address is http://www.1stplacecyberspace.com

You forgot to add that "All you have to do is earn a few points...".

I'm wondering if the 'few points would be keeping them above a min. requirement once in a while' ? And would it be able to point to other servers instead of using your own webhosts. and would we be able to keep the domain name afterward...

Re: Re: We offer free domain names

Originally posted by billy1816
You forgot to add that "All you have to do is earn a few points...".

I'm wondering if the 'few points would be keeping them above a min. requirement once in a while' ? And would it be able to point to other servers instead of using your own webhosts. and would we be able to keep the domain name afterward...

Hi,

That's a great question. Actually, after earning, for instance, 35 points, you will receive free domain name registration and web hosting for one year. The domain registration is in your name, not ours, so you are the rightful owner. There are a few clients listed on the right side of the home page who will gladly vouch for this truth.

And yes! We will transfer the nameservers to someone else, if you wish, at no charge. And you can still keep the domain name since we register it in your name & address.

And you don't have to keep a minimum of points. It's just 35 points per year for domain & hosting and 25 points per year for domain OR hosting.

Re: What is DNS

Originally posted by Beonix
Thanks.

I`m confused...What is DNS ?:classic2:

DNS refers to which webhost or server your domain points to. Many companies charge to transfer your domain name from one host to another.

The reason we offer free dns is because it takes about 10 seconds to change someone's nameservers and it doesn't cost us a thing.

Re: Re: What is DNS

Many companies charge to transfer your domain name from one host to another.
Yes, it's nice that you'll do that for free, but I frankly don't think too many registration service providers (a.k.a. resellers and not ICANN-accredited registrars) or hosting companies are still charging for simply modifying DNS info which basically is a fully automated process.

Re: Re: Re: What is DNS

Originally posted by nameslave
Yes, it's nice that you'll do that for free, but I frankly don't think too many registration service providers (a.k.a. resellers and not ICANN-accredited registrars) or hosting companies are still charging for simply modifying DNS info which basically is a fully automated process.

I think you're right. Most are now doing it for free or very low cost. I got burned by a company called SupremeCenter, who wanted $29 to modify my nameservers a while back.

When I register a domain name for a client, I make sure they can log in and modify their own dns, including ownership info., etc. Of course then you have those that don't know what they're doing!

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is DNS

I think you're right. Most are now doing it for free or very low cost. I got burned by a company called SupremeCenter, who wanted $29 to modify my nameservers a while back.

When I register a domain name for a client, I make sure they can log in and modify their own dns, including ownership info., etc. Of course then you have those that don't know what they're doing!

I agree. Some people get cheated. They pay for the domain name, but it is not registered under their name. So they cant change the DNS by themself.

DNS velton was referring to is nameservers. The domain name requires nameservers to function. As with dot.tk it is a url redirected service.

I reccomend NamePros.Com; I have literally just signed up there myself.

What you do is you post messages to earn NameBucks and then in the shop you can trade 100namebucks to the admin and he buys you a custom domain name, or you can trade them for otehr domains for as little as 50 NB$

Phoenix

Co.sr is not just a redirection service, It does offer DNS for free, you'll see that during signup process they ask you if you want redirection or dns, and both are free.
--Rob A
rob.co.sr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back