• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free DNS

easydns is not expensive

easydns is not expensive at all considering the $25 registers the domain also, or if you already have your domain, adds an extra year to its life not to mention their interface (cant speak from experience, but a php friend owns it) and their reliability.

I have no problems vouching for EasyDNS's reliability and speed. They 4 servers (3 in the US and 1 in England) and are redundant. They are extremely fast in updates and their interface is intuitive...I highly recommend EasyDNS to anyone!

25$ sounds logical if customer can use their own domain name as nameserver e.g. ns( ).clientdomain rather than point to ns( ).easyDNS.com

Is this really an issue... Most websites have ns servers that are not associated with their domain...

Yeah, easyDNS sounds a little silly but then again how many visitors to your site check your nameservers?

Considering the excellent level of support at EasyDNS, they may actually be able to put the DNS in your name ...

Maybe I've missed something but I just checked easydns and I think the DNS control is an extra $25 per year beyond the domain registration. That's $49 per year... sounding a little high to me.

Yeah, I didn't see the previous post clearly, the domain is separate... This service is for people who need reliable DNS, and if thats what you want, these guys are the best. They have been around for a long time and I think will be a around a long time in the future (they have established themeselves)

For most people, your host will provide DNS services, so you wont have to pay extra...

I have used Easydns.com for a number of projects.

Their system is bomb proof and I would highly recommend it.
If it were not for the pricing issue I would use their name servers over mine every time. The updates are so fast and their support is very good.

I phoned them on Victoria day (It was a holiday on Canada and also a local holiday here in the UK). Left a message on their answer machine. Got a call back almost immediately with a complete diagnosis of the problem and a solution.
This was worth every penny of their fee as the site was in the middle of a big ad campaign.

It was our experience (and others) that caused them to put in a London based Name server.

They are about to start offering a service for web hosts /ISP's at a much reduced rate.

Even as a web host does it matter that your clients accounts are not on ns.yourname.com?
As long as the Nameservers don't belong to another web host then there should be no problem.

Gordon

Have I already mentioned http://redirection.net in all of this????? I scanned the pages and don't think I already said this (excuse if I or someone else already did), but this might be another option if anyone is interested...

redirection.net

they offer a great service and at $15 per i think its a great service they offer email forwarding and subdomains. The $15 includes the registration of your domain also.

Well if they offer DNS then they 'offer subdomains', but what you want is more of a subdomain redirect type thing eh? Anyone know if they offer this? I don't.

Back