• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Database Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Maverick
Sounds great, but no-one has answered the important question yet - how much space do you get?

I don't suppose they would allow huge database setup's. It seems clear from this:

From freesql.org: "Now, I'm not saying this is the most ideal situation for hosting your data. For most production environments you'd want it coupled with your webserver. Clearly it's going to be slower. But maybe you just want to get your feet wet with MySQL but don't want to load/patch/admin it, maybe you want to see how portable your SQL code is, maybe your webhost doesn't have a database, maybe you want to compare performance (but not with MS SQL Server) etc."

You can e-mail the admin at ghuntress@mediaone.net if you have further questions.

Latest from their site:

"A new server is on its way! It will be dedicated to Sybase and Oracle. That should relieve the load on the MySQL and PostgreSQL servers :)"

Originally posted by dony
hi anyone built phpbb on freesql.
anyone can explain it with all details.(just first step)
i wrote as followed.
server adress http://www.fresql.org: 3306
database name dony
database user dony
database password *****
and it was wrong.
byez.
Maybe the database name "dony" was already used by somebody else. You can try something else like "donyisme" and see what happens.

Although very slow (from this side) it does work. I tested it on my local machine using a remote freesql mysql database and it worked :D (I have a cable connection so that slows it all down a bit)

Cant Connect

Can someone please who have logged in succesfully to fresql.org tell me how exactly to connect so i can run my PHPBB?

This is the set up:

server adress www.fresql.org
Port 3306
database name me
database user me
database password *****

What is the correct server address plus what do i do with the port number (3306) when installing PHPBB cus it doesnt ask for it ?.

Thanks in advance

Re: Cant Connect

Originally posted by Lord Illicious
Can someone please who have logged in succesfully to fresql.org tell me how exactly to connect so i can run my PHPBB?

This is the set up:

server adress www.fresql.org
Port 3306
database name me
database user me
database password *****

What is the correct server address plus what do i do with the port number (3306) when installing PHPBB cus it doesnt ask for it ?.

Thanks in advance
it's www.fre[b]e[/b]sql.org

this is what i get:

Testing DB Connection...
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.freesql.org' (113) in /home/illicious/www/phpBB/install.php on line 39
Error, I could not connect to the database at www.freesql.org. Using username me and password ******.
Please go back and try again.

What am i doing wrong?

Sorry to be the bad guy here, but I`ve heard that using this service can cause problems, sorry that I can`t give you any more info, I read about it somewhere and for the life of me I just can`t find the thread again, it might of been regarding setting up BBoards with them, if I remember right people have noticed that they loose information and that this service can`t cope, I wish you all well, but be careful not to create a great site or board without backing up your work.

hey buddy, look at the dates. Digging up a 3 year old thread oldman2

and if you read the TOS, you wouldn't have this problem

Thread closed since the thread is from 2001... Start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back