• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Database Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashben

You read it right! MySQL or postgreSQL remote hosting (database only) available at http://www.freesql.org

One request though: Use it only if you need it. Let's not trun it into another gcsnet.net affair ;-)

This is great! Is that your service? I am going to try to put a phpBB database there. I wonder how much MB space do I get?

Registred allready, but I just can't get my phpBB to work at digitalrice.

Works great!!!

I uploaded my phpBB board and it is faster than the one I have at f2s.com. I have the .php scritps at datablocks.net and connect the database to freesql.org.

By the way, is this site new? This is my first time hearing about it.

Hope this one will last a long time.

[Edited by Phil on 04-09-2001 at 04:39 PM]

Having some troubles, I just can't remember the URL of the database (MySQL). Can you please give it thanx.

Hi, gyrbo:

It should be easy:

use http://www.freesql.org
port 3306 (if necessary)
your username:
your password:
DB name:

It's working very well for me. But I couldn't logout and create new db. Have reported to the guy who is in charge of the service.

ebird

wooow.
thanks ebird.
and gyrbo to you too.
because i also wanted to ask this question.(adress of freesql database)
one question. is it really fast and can i put scripts to digitalrice.com and database from freesql!
byez.

thank you i have been looking for a service like this for a while. to bad you can't run like 10 databases at the same time. more users

Originally posted by dony
wooow.
thanks ebird.
and gyrbo to you too.
because i also wanted to ask this question.(adress of freesql database)
one question. is it really fast and can i put scripts to digitalrice.com and database from freesql!
byez.
I'm giving it a shot at ms-network.net, cause digitalrice doesn't seem to supporty php (phpBB). Thanx, now I can get my phpBB to work!

Originally posted by Epgs
thank you i have been looking for a service like this for a while. to bad you can't run like 10 databases at the same time. more users

For what the hack do you need 10 databases? :eek:
You need only one cuz you can create unlimited tables...

thank you guys i love this service, it will be soo much easier to change between host now.

If you're gonna use ms-network's MySQL, it's not going to work. (Its status is at off right now)

I thought Coolin or somebody mentioned freesql.org in some other thread recently.

hi anyone built phpbb on freesql.
anyone can explain it with all details.(just first step)
i wrote as followed.
server adress http://www.fresql.org: 3306
database name dony
database user dony
database password *****
and it was wrong.
byez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back