• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Freaking Government bureaucrats!

A terrorist could get "legit" photo ID easier than I can get my own! :mad:

Agh yes, we've just got a new ID Card system coming in over here. It costs £100.00 to get your card and you HAVE to have one, stupid!

As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks.

As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks.

That's a bit erm.... stupid?

:doh!::wink2:

I need photo ID before I can leave on a plane to Tasmania for Christmas, so I've had my birth certificate sent up from Tasmania which was required before I could get my Over 18 card. When I rang Motor Vehicle Registry (they issue the card) they told me what I need to bring, so I fronted up there today with the needed gear and and they said I also need my marriage certificate because the name on my cards were different to the name on the BC. I nearly decked the guy behind the counter as I was so freaking angry.

I mean really what are the chances of someone with the same first and second name on debit, credit and medicare cards with a birth certificate having the same first and second, being a different person?

I need photo ID before I can leave on a plane to Tasmania for Christmas, so I've had my birth certificate sent up from Tasmania which was required before I could get my Over 18 card. When I rang Motor Vehicle Registry (they issue the card) they told me what I need to bring, so I fronted up there today with the needed gear and and they said I also need my marriage certificate because the name on my cards were different to the name on the BC. I nearly decked the guy behind the counter as I was so freaking angry.

I mean really what are the chances of someone with the same first and second name on debit, credit and medicare cards with a birth certificate having the same first and second, being a different person?

Agh right, my aunt is going down to taz for xmas, she has a 'summer' house there and she's from Australia too :D

This reminds me: in my line of work, we're required to be heading to conference and convention centers at early times of the morning. This one particular one here in Calgary, the Telus Convention Centre, is a particular pain in our ---. It's two buildings, and the South loading dock requires you to wait outside to be let in. Which is fine, when it's not winter in Calgary at 6 in the morning.

The security guys, after you buzz them to let them know you need to get in, will inform you that the guy to let you in isn't arirving until 6 (which means 6:15 or later), and when you ask why HE can't let you in, it's because he's there by himself and he can't leave his post.

Well, myself and a coworker were discussing this one particularly brisk February AM, that, seeing as the convention center is right down town and only a few blocks away from the Drop-In Center, that it's safe to say they get a fair share of smack addicts roaming around the building. And should one of those junkies be in the throes of a freak out and cause some serious ruckus outside the building, the security guy would leave his post in a second.

Therefore, the guy addicted to CRACK has more rights at this building than two sober individuals who are scheduled to be at the building to do their part in society. AH, freedom.

liftarn_A_raised_fist.jpg

That's bollix Jan. It really is and I feel for ya.

I am in a predicament too where, (no offense intended so please do not bash me) Chinese, Greek and god knows how many other Nationals can get working Visas thrown at them here in Australia. Me, and many other Irish people, who practically built Australia, have to go through miles of red tape just to get a feckin Visitor's Permit, and now more miles upon miles of red tape and thousands of fecking dollars to get a Spouse Visa so I can Marry the missus and help raise our unborn child.

It's fecking ridiculous.

I don't drive so why would I need a licence? :classic2:

To Fly of course :p

Oh and Dan, our Pommie ancestors may have stolen the land from the Abos, but the Greeks Italians and Chinese built the country :p

Last edited:
To Fly of course :p

Oh and Dan, our Pommie ancestors may have stolen the land from the Abos, but the Greeks Italians and Chinese built the country :p

Meh. Who built Sydney Harbor Bridge?
Who worked in all the fruit fields because they were taken away from their families in Ireland during the famine because they may have stolen one slice of bread to feed six kids?

How many people in Australia can look back through the years and the history of their family and not find an Irish connection? Probably just the Abbos.

I cant that for sure, but i have both. :D
I was more talking about the post WW2 period. :p

Agh yes, we've just got a new ID Card system coming in over here. It costs £100.00 to get your card and you HAVE to have one, stupid!

I, for one, will be boycotting this.

Hey - they can't arrest me if they don't know who I am, can they? :lol:

But seriously, ----, it holds ALL your personal data including fingerprints, national insurance, address, DOB - basically everything you'd need to indefinitely steal somebody's identity. If I get sent one, it's getting cut up. ---- da police.

I, for one, will be boycotting this.

Hey - they can't arrest me if they don't know who I am, can they? :lol:

But seriously, ----, it holds ALL your personal data including fingerprints, national insurance, address, DOB - basically everything you'd need to indefinitely steal somebody's identity. If I get sent one, it's getting cut up. ---- da police.

Our gov't is trying to give us a national ID card, too, called REAL ID.

Pisses me the ---- off.

They can't arrest me if I run too fast for them to get me.

Back