• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Forums moved?

Sorry about that we're still updating a few hard coded IP's but the short answer is yes we're moving to a different datacenter. I'll post more information soon.

The hard coded redirects are now fixed as you observed but the DNS change will take a bit. Not a big deal as the IP redirect should now be working fine.

Thanks.

There were a number of various reasons. I'll post more details once all the DNS changes are done and all traffic goes directly to the new network. (Within the next few days.) Thanks.

Originally posted by Todd
There were a number of various reasons. I'll post more details once all the DNS changes are done and all traffic goes directly to the new network. (Within the next few days.) Thanks.

Fighting with the dedicated server neighbors again? j/k.

It was a very good move with little no downtime.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Thats a counter-statement there robert.

little and no.

Some of us could access it by going to either (1) the IP (2) freewebspace.net .. while others had a link directly to the forums and couldn't access it.

Anyone else notice any difference? We'd love to know what you guys think. Thanks.

Originally posted by Peo
Anyone else notice any difference?
They do seem a bit faster, though the forums were never too slow to begin with.

When the forums were still at Dialtone, only about the last month or so though, the forums just seemed to time out quite often. Sometimes I'd try to refresh the page and I'd be greeted by a "Could not connect" message, but then it'd work fine a few minutes later. That started happening to me quite often, probably at least 4-6 times per day. I seem to recall a 6 or so hour downtime not so long ago as well.

I've never had good connections to Dialtone though (and since having been bought by Interland, they've gotten worse, if anything), so maybe it was just me.

Thanks Bruce, yes I agree the last month at Dialtone/Interland was not so good.

Last month wasn't very good, but I just got document contains no data errors...and I wondered what it was.
I haven't gotten any now, and it's marginally faster.

Personally, I don't think I notice any difference.

Any slight difference I may feel right now is probably attributed to the placebo effect.

Overall things are going pretty good. However, MySQL just got out of control causing about a 15 minute slow down here.

I'll look in to writing a script to watch this closer and to reload it when any problems may arise. Thanks for your patience everyone.

I believe that was my fault :eek:

The server load has dropped to better levels now :)

I was just doing what I have done on many occasions, searching something in admin. :(

Back