• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Forum database crash. Something got screwed [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a1whs.com said:
Please define most recent the date and time would be good enough.
All data from the last 2 days was lost. This included threads, posts, PMs, and any newly registered users.

The most recent backup was corrupted as well, hence the 2-day rollback.

Bruce said:
All data from the last 2 days was lost. This included threads, posts, PMs, and any newly registered users.

The most recent backup was corrupted as well, hence the 2-day rollback.

Thanks but date would make it way easier. And i need to hear it from Owner of forums .

I don't know the exact time. As you can see at the forum, posts from early April 5 is still here. (depending on your time zone)

Why do you need the exact time?

As I said I don't know and I don't see how it would matter. If Todd knows he'll respond.

good luck with the change over, hope all goes well and over all I think FWS is doing a good job and if some people dont like it nobody is forcing them to come back.

I think the idea of having to pay to post in the offers section is a good one. It would get rid of the hosts that show up, take some money, and then disappear! I would gladly pay to post there, as it has made me plenty of money from signups!

not all of us have that much hottweelz:p
I think free hosts should have to pay too, but less mabye say $10 for free hosts $20 for paid (monthly)

needlehost said:
not all of us have that much hottweelz:p
I think free hosts should have to pay too, but less mabye say $10 for free hosts $20 for paid (monthly)

From what I hear, advertising here is a smart move, because of the traffic on this site. i think only 15-20% Of the traffic is actual memberships, the rest are guests and trolls viewing.

The question is "Do you want FWS Targetted Traffic in Ads?"

If so you're probably in for a treat. The pricing is a little high, but, other hosts have told me they got what they wanted.

I don't about you hotweel, but I ain't got the extra cash to throw into paying for a forum XD.

hottweelz said:
From what I hear, advertising here is a smart move, because of the traffic on this site.

Nope it wont be cause trust me i wont pay for getting non-quality clients in return. No offense to space seekers but people come here with free web space sort of mentality and paid hosting is like rocket science to them. Plus why spend money here when you can get good quality clients off sitepoint by using same amount there ?

what guarantee exists that after spending money here i will get quality clients?

Anyways back to topic i am still waiting for date (exact one ) , because i find it too inconvinient that after so many years of no db crash it all the sudden crashes just after the HW controversial thread?

Give up the conspiracy theory. Todd doesn't have the time to be bothered looking up exact times for you, nor should he be expected to.

Bruce said:
Give up the conspiracy theory. Todd doesn't have the time to be bothered looking up exact times for you, nor should he be expected to.

Ah no conspiracy = no fun :(.

Craig said:
Maybe your the conspiracy!. Let it go, have a drink.

Seems like it was craigs hand behind all the so called crash . I will get to the bottom of this someday .

Complete disrespect for Todd if you believe that there is a so called conspiracy. Let's end this. I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back