• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Forum based on PHP NO MySql

vcfcd

Hi there

Anobody knows a good forum written in PHP and doesnt use Mysql?
I have a host that only offers PHP and no Mysql so I would like to here from you.

Thanks

Well, you may also realize you either need your PHP scripts to use fwrite, fread, readdir, opendir, etc. OR use FTP commands in PHP. Since FlatFile Database Forums use those kinds of commands (or similar) to write database stuff to text files. The ONLY forum software that is pretty goof at this is Navarone... dunno their address since it's been so long (their product is NavBoard.)

Also, EdgeBoard is no longer being offered, don't know why that was... since that was much better than NavBoard could go. :p

Try on http://www.hotscripts.com I'm sure I've seen a few there, there could be issues with what's enabled under php though, as DarkBlood says, and some of those commands may be effected by the php config.

Back