• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

For The Aussies

Perhaps a littel, just as youd be offended if i Insulted the Irish people for the Crimes of the British or if i said that St Patricks day shouldnt be celebrated because of the Ulster Massacre...

In no way did I post to offend anyone. And maybe you should learn the history of the Irish struggles before shooting your ----in mouth off.

Yes, Ireland and Britain had issues for over 700 years. But it took an Irish man called Michael Collins to step up to the plate when nobody else had the balls and travel to London on his own to hold a meeting with the British Government, who, incidentally, wanted him dead. That's how Ireland received a Free State! Can't see any Aussies doing that, can you?

I like Australia. In fact I love it and the people too. It's my ----in business if I refuse to take part in something I feel is morally wrong.

And for your information, St Patrick's Day shouldn't be celebrated at all, PERIOD! Don't know what they are celebrating it for.

Anyways, tomorrow is meant to reach about 45 to 46 here in Bendigo. :)

Last edited:
OK, First of all, dont get me wrong, im not being hostile here dude, so calm down, no need for the swearing lol

In no way did I post to offend anyone. And maybe you should learn the history of the Irish struggles before shooting your ----in mouth off.

Yes, Ireland and Britain had issues for over 700 years. But it took an Irish man called Michael Collins to step up to the plate when nobody else had the balls and travel to London on his own to hold a meeting with the British Government, who, incidentally, wanted him dead. That's how Ireland received a Free State! Can't see any Aussies doing that, can you?

I like Australia. In fact I love it and the people too. It's my ----in business if I refuse to take part in something I feel is morally wrong.

And for your information, St Patrick's Day shouldn't be celebrated at all, PERIOD! Don't know what they are celebrating it for.

Anyways, tomorrow is meant to reach about 45 to 46 here in Bendigo. :)

Yes, exactly my point, learn the history before "shooting your mouth off".
Nothing wrong with my history, infact its my favorite subject and somthing i do a hell of alot of reading on.

Yes Brittan and Ireland have a long and bloody history, but you missed the point completely. Wich was that 1 bloody event perpertrated by the Irish should not be remembered 200+ years later and be used as an excuse for racial intollerence.

It marks the date that Captain Cook and his fleet of British Soldiers touched down in Australian land and fought and killed many Aboriginal people in order to take their land and place it under British Rule, which it still stands.

Thats statement is just dead Wrong.
Its nothing to do with Captian Cook, the Captian was Arthur Phillip.
Captian Cook did no such thing, infact he wasnt even part of the First Fleet, nor is there record of him Killing Aboriginals (in Australia)
There was no War with the Aboriginals other than a few minor skirmishes.

Fact is, if you Hate Australia day, then why did you start this thread?
Why not leave it to an Actual Aussie?
At the very least you could have tried not to insult the people you want to "congratulate" by dissing their national day in your opening post.

Starting with "Happy Australia Day I guess." and going on to say "I don't agree that it should be celebrated..." is looking to be challenged.
You dont like it when i pick on Ireland do ya? Infact you reacted angrily and told me to learn history.
Well.. same thing man.

4th of July are you going to make a thread about how you dont agree with Independence Day because of the way the US treated the Indians in its early history, or because they made a mess in Iraq?

Point taken Fee.

But what about other parts of Irish History that people all too often brush under the carpet and blame the Irish for everything?

Bloody Sunday - Armed British Soldiers lined innocent women and children against a wall and shot them along with shooting just about every single civilian they saw.

1922 - British Troops crashed through the gates of Croke Park in Dublin, which was packed during an All Ireland Football Match. Opened fire from armored trucks killing hundreds of innocent men, women and children

1916 - British Troops torchored and rapes Irish women and also torchored and hung any Irish person who dared not speak English.

But, History tells a lot of truths.

Ok, I apologize if I insulted any Aussies. I said already, I love Australia and I love Australian people and would in no way insult them intentionally. I had no intention of insulting anybody in this thread. I was merely giving a point of view. So, I sincerely apologize and wish to not have enemies here in this great country.

Also, for the record, I mean no offense to our British members either. Some of my best mates are British so would have no cause to offend them.

@ Stuff - Yeah it's dry heat. Although Melbourne would be a little more humid than us because they are close to the sea. We here in Bendigo and inland in Central Victoria. So, the head would be very dry with a breeze that would bake bread for you.

OK, glad you understand what I was getting at :)

I wasnt denying or trying to ignore things that happend TO the Irish by pointing out the Ulster Massacre, i was just saying that all nations have things in their past they would rather forget, including you guys, so lets not let it effect today.

Dry heat is right, riding the Scooter really dries out my skin and dehydrates the hell outa me.
Lucky I only ride it 3ks a day :)

OK, glad you understand what I was getting at :)

I wasnt denying or trying to ignore things that happend TO the Irish by pointing out the Ulster Massacre, i was just saying that all nations have things in their past they would rather forget, including you guys, so lets not let it effect today.
You are right mate. Let's let it go and be glad we were not there. :)

Dry heat is right, riding the Scooter really dries out my skin and dehydrates the hell outa me.
Lucky I only ride it 3ks a day :)

Oooooohhhhh Tell me about it. Only for the pool I was screwed.

LMAO... Dan an i are "Internet Friends" i guess.
Not that i speak to him much out side here, but i dont have nethin against him. I clash with most people in some way from time to time, no grudges, no hard feeling. I just say what i think. Often gets me in trouble, but its me, people accept it or not, doesnt bother me :p

LMAO... Dan an i are "Internet Friends" i guess.
Not that i speak to him much out side here, but i dont have nethin against him. I clash with most people in some way from time to time, no grudges, no hard feeling. I just say what i think. Often gets me in trouble, but its me, people accept it or not, doesnt bother me :p

Dito. lol

Yeah me and Fee have no quarrels. :D

Dan said:
Bloody Sunday - Armed British Soldiers lined innocent women and children against a wall and shot them along with shooting just about every single civilian they saw.
U2 sings a song about that event.

The aborigines will be your friends :evilb:

Apology accepted :angel:

The Abbos are good people. I spoke with a few of them about different things including their issues and the similarities between theirs and the Irish is something unreal.

But anyways, who's throwing a BBQ next weekend? We'll all go.

The Abbos are good people. I spoke with a few of them about different things including their issues and the similarities between theirs and the Irish is something unreal.
Come up here for a month and you might change your mind :biggrin2: Sure most of them are okay (as with any culture), but there are way to many who just give them a bad name.

Come up here for a month and you might change your mind :biggrin2: Sure most of them are okay (as with any culture), but there are way to many who just give them a bad name.

Oh I agree. Even the blokes I spoke to said the same.

In Ireland we have the Travelling Community or Gypsies. Some of them are good people but there are always some who really make ---- of their culture.

LOL!

Ah some of them are alright and just live for the day that's in it. But there are Travelers out there that make their culture out to be something people should fear.
The steal, beat people up for no reason, cheat on their wives, do fake car crashes to claim from Insurance etc.

Back